Home Metal Detecting
Options

How about we change the name of this Forum?

It can be the METAL DETECTING & PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION forum image

Think Dave'll go for that?

Didn't think so. You guys probably think it sucks too image

Comments

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    We could combine the two by investigating my latest set of detector batteries.
    They're cursed, no doubt about it. I'm convinced the thing now only beeps on top of trash targets.. imageimage
    I should start recording the detector sounds and see what I find when playing them backwards..
    Ugghh what a lousy December so far!
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    double post image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I have long thought that this should be the Treasure Hunting forum instead of just the MD forum.

After all, treasure hunting takes many forms.

Heck, my last find wasn't even metallic.

You should listen to Coast To Coast AM on the radio or go to their website for all that paranormal junque. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Good point Lord Macaroni.

GHOST TREASURE INVESTIGATION HUNTING FORUM

• Options
    Sorry, we were unable to locate the object requested.

Error Code: 102

No...what happened? Are you talking about my debate with Fletcher? Or my agreeing with someone (forgot who it was) that this place has mello'ed out? Or that I put the request for a Paranormal Forum?

Aren't I entitled to an opinion although it's contrary to the popular opinion of the message board users?

Unfortunately, your link doesnt show me what you are referring to, so I cant comment directly as to what I said, but NO, I did NOT return to stir up the dookie as you asked.
  • Options
    if it's THIS DISCUSSION to which you refer, then where was i trying to stir the poop?

It's probably best I left the whole thing alone, but should I HAVE to leave it alone just to avoid being unpopular because I dont carry the same opinion of most of the people here?

Fletcher and I were not being uncivil. He's apparently one of the happiest people that all this happened and I am unhappy about losing a place to hang out with friends. So here are two people at the opposite ends of the spectrum who were discussing the situation civilly until BodyBag and 2Sides2aCoin jumped in.

If my statement of opinions and thoughts of what might have happened is perceived as stirring the sh*t, then I guess this IS a place where I dont need to hang out any more. I'm honestly suprised that you would accuse me of this LM. You know me, I thought, and you know that in the past I made very conscious efforts to keep out of the BS. Yeah, I got involved sometimes when I was passionate about a subject, but in general, I was always very neutral and even tried to "break up" the arguments on several occassions.

If I offended anyone here then I apologize to you from the bottom of my heart. Freedom of speech and stating opinions is apparently a thing of the past here. I wont be a conformist...never have, never will be. So, I guess I'll just lurk here time to time from now on since I do like you guys and enjoy reading about your finds. If you want to find me, my email address is in my profile (I think, I'll check before I log out and make sure it is).

I wish all of you and your families a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year image
  • Options
    actually i dont use that email address anymore.

my email address is Hamitonjh@gmail.com if ya wanna find me image
  • Options
    Okay, I have responded to this post three times now and I keep getting a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error and my posts apparently don't go through. Grr. So forgive me if this ends up being a quadruple post.

Hammy, we like you too, just fine, and I was glad to see you back. I was not referring to your Fletcher thing- never read it and still haven't. I try to stay out of the squabbles even though I've been standing too close a time or two and got splattered.

I was referring to some member last night who was apparently trying to commit "suicide by moderator" and who also apparently succeeded, as witnessed by the disappearance of the thread. He was openly dissing PCGS on their own forums, and the first reply to the thread was you, stating your agreement with him. Even if you agree with him, that's fine- but I wish folks who were discontent with some issues would keep it to themselves or take it up with Customer Service instead of venting on the forums, 'cause these forums are my home away from home and I would hate to see them taken away because of the actions of a few malcontents. I think it would be a mistake for PCGS to kill these forums but it's their house, and their right to do so, so I only beg of you (all of you) not to encourage the malcontented ones too much in their criticism of PCGS, 'cause if Big Daddy Hall gets annoyed enough, it's goodbye forums. He's already said he was in favor of totally doing away with them but they were granted a reprieve.

I would hate it if the forums went away.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    There are other places with familiar "faces", try it sometime.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    BTW, Boney One, to bring this thread back on topic with your ghosty stuff: image

I thought about you last night when 30AnvZ28 came down to visit and we went detecting at an old plantation site near here. We were out there at 4 AM in total darkness and a pea-soup fog. Even when I left the van headlights on, they barely cut through the fog and we were crashing around out in the brush. The weak light from the beams cast long shadows of the trees and it really looked like smoething out of a horror movie intro. It was totally creepy.

I told William, "Dude, I've done plenty of rural relic hunting at night but this is pretty extreme. I can guarantee you I wouldn't be out here right now if I was by myself." He agreed. It was eerie.

We were very near a long-lost cemetery of forgotten graves. (Edit: website links removed because the local historian who runs the site might not like my linking to them.)

And the southern tip of the peninsula we were on might be the location of Shadow Island, or "Cemetery Island".

<< <i>...in the early 1900s, this cemetery was deemed over 200 years old, and VERY haunted!" >>

PS- The website (which I just removed the links to for reasons of discretion) tell the approximate location of the remains of the Dover cemetery but I have never been able to find the broken stones. They might be gone, now.

Spooky 'nuf for ya? You had to be there in the fog and darkness at 4 AM, with a barred owl hooting from a nearby tree, to get the full effect. Wish I could've taken some pics.

We found nothing on that outing but some big iron. Check out the third picture down in this old Digger's Diary entry of mine. We were diggin' where the trees used to be- they were recently cleared. It was semi-spooky in daytime so you can imagine what it was like on a foggy night.