Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

This turned out to be a great set of Farthings at a steal of a price! (Photos Added)

The photos in this eBay auction were crappy, but I thought I'd take a chance in hopes of finding a few upgrades of dates I was missing. Turns out about 75% of the coins are BU. There are some pretty black Farthings and some blazing reds.image

LINK TO FARTHING AUCTION
If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
1987-C Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right on. It's nice when something like that works out good. Gonna show us a pic of the best ones or just tease us? image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I am just taking them out of the crappy old album and I may photograph them later tonight (if I can stay awake).
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Pictures? image
    The glass is half full!
  • Options
    Looks like you may need to up grade the rest of your set now!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    I put in a bid of $50, now that I see the coins I would have paid more, I am amazed that I got this for so little!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    You suck!!

That empty album alone is worth more than the winning bid!!
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    This time you were the windshield! image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options

<< <i>You suck!!

That empty album alone is worth more than the winning bid!! >>

I was going to throw the album away!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>This time you were the windshield! image >>

More often I am the bug!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    Hey Spinaker, you should see the deep rich blue toning on this BU 1909 Farthing!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey Spinaker, you should see the deep rich blue toning on this BU 1909 Farthing! >>

He told me to tell you, "YOU SUCK......AGAIN!!!!!!!" image
  • Options
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    NO kidding... Those albums are like GOLD (maybe platinum).... extremely difficult to find.......
  • Options
    Here are some pics:

The 1909 black Farthing:

imageimage

The 1920 Farthing (a random pick as everything from 1916 to 1956 is Unc):

imageimage

The whole set:

A close-up of teh 1911, 1912 and 1913:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    Damn, you suck!!

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    OK, I don't collect 'em and I don't want 'em. However I appreciate a good deal and fine good looking coins to look at... Let me be the next to offer a "YOU SUCK"!
    LOL, Great find!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    $6.50 !!! imageimageimage

YOU SUCK !!!
    YOU SUCK !!!
    YOU SUCK !!!
    YOU SUCK !!!
    YOU SUCK !!!

... congratulations !!! image

Wanna double your money??? PM me ... image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    I have never seen so many "you sucks" in one thread, I guess I did pretty well!image

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats and keep the album. It is very tough to get. I have a friend that has a Victorian Whitman Blue Bookshelf album... these British ones likely haven't been made in years

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What wybrit said!

Crappy pics or not, the number of Reds in the auction would've garnered a bid from me. You stole that. WTG.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the previous post before scrolling down and seeing your pictures.

Now I feel I have to add:

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'll add one more YOU SUCK

Awesome catch, way too cool image
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have never seen so many "you sucks" in one thread, I guess I did pretty well!image >>

YA' THINK ???

As my late lamented friend, Bubba would have said, "DAYUMMMM!!!"

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.
  • Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    way to go! image
  • Options
    Would somebody in a younger generation than mine please explaint the meaning of all the "You Suck" postingsimage
    Roy

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!
  • Options
    newsmannewsman Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

BTW, did I mention yet that you really, really, really suck? image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roy-- a "you suck" in this context (ie the coin forum) really means that the coin(s) is/are extremely nice and/or was gotten for an ridiculously low price--the poster is wishing he/she had gotten the coin/deal himself. Basically, I personally think there is an element of jealousy required imageimageimage.

Plus it saves time. For example, I could post: "Aethelred, my what an incredibly gorgeous group of farthings you were able to buy, in a known rarity of a folder, at a supremely ridiculous low price--but you weren't commiting a rip as it was a public auction after all, so no breech of ethics involved. I wish I had seen the auction instead of you and made the deal! I can only hope to be so lucky one day. Great coins and congratulations". Or I can say "You Suck" and expect The Dead One to know what I mean.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Plus it saves time. For example, I could post: "Aethelred, my what an incredibly gorgeous group of farthings you were able to buy, in a known rarity of a folder, at a supremely ridiculous low price--but you weren't commiting a rip as it was a public auction after all, so no breech of ethics involved. I wish I had seen the auction instead of you and made the deal! I can only hope to be so lucky one day. Great coins and congratulations". Or I can say "You Suck" and expect The Dead One to know what I mean.

What she basically means (like the rest of us do) is the part in bold letters, the rest is just polite conversation, and the Dead One surely knows that. image

ooops, I just saw that she shamelessly made that clear in the first paragraph. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    I just checked the 1953 Farthing in this set, it is a 1+A (the second most common type), so I am still looking for the scarce ones.

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    BSBS Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Nice job. Sounds like you got a great deal.image
  • Options
    TTT just for fun!! image
    Terry

eBay Store

• Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>TTT just for fun!! image >>

YOU STILL SUCK™ image
  • Options
    Hey Oh Dead One - YOU SUCK. imageimage
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't read the thread, but you suck. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I don't comment often on peoples good luck but YOU SUCK !!!!.

Well done ( if you ever want to sell any of them let me know ).
    Tony Harmer
    Web: www.tonyharmer.org
  • Options
    Is there a 1915 amongst them, there is a rare variety, I of DEI to bead, and how about the 1918 bright or black. The blacks are hard to get hold off with a good black finish.
  • Options
    I'd say you did extremely well for the price......... Not to mention you got way over your money's worth...... Such a deal.....image
    " I just checked in , Just to see what condition, My condition was in." Kenny Rogers and the 1st. Edition......