Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

WHAT IS MY COIN WORTH?

Well, now, thanks to all the "free" places to visit on the internet, you can get a reasonably fair estimate of your PCGS slabbed coins.

I have my collections "registered" with PCGS set registry, NGC set registry and Heritage collections. Each provide current up to date estimates of values. PCGS shows retail, NGC shows NumisMedia retail, and Heritage shows NumisMedia wholesale. Since all three of these services have values specific to the coin (either PCGS or NGC) and specific to the date, mintmark, and condition it provides a fairly reasonable current value IMHO. I pay close attention to how the PCGS value and the NGC (NumisMedia) value are and then how the Numismedia wholesale value on Heritage is shown at approximately 70 to 80% of retail. I only have Lincolns with their RD,RB, and BN, but I believe other denominations would also be resonably reflective of the market. There are a very few of my 123 slabs that do not currently have values shown, but they can be estimated.

Bottom line is if you have coins currently holdered in PCGS or NGC slabs you can get a good GENERAL estimate of what they are worth. I use the Heritage value as a conservative estimate. I can say that the year 2006 has been very good for my Lincoln cents. Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    the more resources the better
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Yep, will kind of. For some series those prices are severely over rated and I tend to rely on e-bay histories as well for the more common stuff.
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    What's it worth? Generally just a little under what you just paid for it.
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    <<What's it worth? Generally just a little under what you just paid for it.>>

Smoetimes a lot less than what you just paid for it image