Home Metal Detecting
Options

Metal Detecting Videos

CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Very interesting!
    It's fascinating to see how different styles people have; some of that detecting is rather brutal - chopping away with the digging tool and rubbing the coins image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the old "black and white" intro on that first one. Too bad the video quality is so low and you can't make out much on the coins, but you might not be able to make out the date on coins when they first come outta the dirt anyway. I watched with the sound off, so I didn't hear any commentary if there was any.

I have thought of doing this, myself, though I suppose one really should have a head-mounted camera, I suppose, for solo "point of view" shooting like that. Anybody have any equipment recommendations? It would have to be head-mounted for me, since I don't have a cameraman to follow me around. Nor do I have any idea how to edit digital video, much less shoot anything other than 15-second clips with my Mavica.

<< <i>some of that detecting is rather brutal - chopping away with the digging tool and rubbing the coins image >>

Then again, maybe it's a good thing that y'all can't watch me work. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I've watched several videos on detecting there
    My favorites are the hammered coin finds in the UK.

No detector required!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, crap. I can't watch those. I'd be on the next flight across the pond.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.