Home Metal Detecting
Options

Removed my batteries today....Guess I pulled them too soon.

Looks like the snow and cold are here to stay a while, so today I pulled my batteries and put the detector in the closet for the next four months or so image .

Comments

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like the snow and cold are here to stay a while, so today I pulled my batteries and put the detector in the closet for the next four months or so image . Anyways is there a MD forum across the street in case things keep going the way they are here?- (I'll need a fix if it does- someplace to read about everyone's finds image ). I just visited and noticed alot of familiar names over there. Did Amanda even get booted? >>

Amanda didn't get booted, she's holding dual residency at the moment.

I did the same thing with the Garrett this week. I have two sets of rechargeable batteries I rotate, so I'll make sure at full charge they aren't bad over the winter and replace if need be. I have my "Winter Jar" of crap to clean up. 99.9% is pure junk, but I keep all the unidentifiable mounds of rusty metal to try to clean up and test new cleaning methods over the winter to see if I missed anything.

The only other metal detecting forums I've ever read are here:

Find's Treasure Forums
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Im holding out for at least one more hunt. I'm 5 coins short of 5000 for the year.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I would try a snow pile at one of the shopping malls. Or the edge of the blacktop at a school playground. But I would find 5 more.
  • Options
    I'm done for the year, as well.

I'm a band wagon bouncing myself once things go silent here.

I tried to post my finds and stuff. It's going to be a long winter for sure.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would the batteries last longer if put in a zip-loc,than put in the refrig?

Al
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Well weather got better and temp got up to near 50 degrees so I had to give it a try today. Went to a couple of ball fields by an old beach area locally. Found alot of trash and about a $1.30 or so in change- now I can say I went detecting in December at least image
    Might even get a chance to go again Saturday if weather holds out. One thing I can say for sure, after the snow melted and cold temps the ground is really saturated in places around here.
  • Options
    Temps. have been holding in the 50's here as well!
    Saturday looks good with a high of 55, and I'm off work!! image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foggy and mild here today, and yesterday. Good 'tectin' weather. I'm gonna put the coil to the soil some. I reckon we've had high 60s/low 70s by day and 50s/60s by night, lately. A nice switch from last week, when we actually got some frost.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.