Home Metal Detecting

So....

what has everyone been up to? image

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I knew the sleepy MD Forum must be haunted.

I coulda sworn I just saw the ghost of Christmas past.

Nah, I musta been imagining it. Next thing you know, Askari will be posting on the Darkside again.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

damn, I'm dead??
    WTH brings you back here? Puff stirrin' the pot over on the Liteside?

Things get all trembly on the forums, the ground shakes, and suddenly the Boneman reappears. Hm!

Didja ever get another detector?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • there's been rumors that reached my boney ears about this place being further south than hell these days, so i had to see for myself image

Yeah, got another XLT. just havent had the time to use it too much having been in Iraq all damn summer and now it's winter. yeah, no snow here in west central tecksas, but it's still kinda cold and the ground is harder then not getting bammed here.
    I'm hopin' to get out some next week.

• Hey Hamilton!

It's winter time (well not officially but it is cold enough) so things slow down. I'm still trying to figure out a date to hit the ghost town but not having much luck.
  • i remember you...hope that texas dirt gives up some goodies....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Hammie! Good to see ya!
    Been hunting any relics?
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Haven't seen that name in a long time! Welcome back!
  • Bone-Boy!!! This board just isn't the same without you here to stir up a little trouble now and again. Ok, lots of trouble! It's good to know you're ok John, I've been wondering about you. image
    Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • deleted
  • Deleted? c'mon...tell us what you got to say image

Hello MaryM, GoldRush and all! it's been a long time, yes. Sorry I was so scarce. I didnt get back from Iraq till the tail end of Sept and then back to work till mid October. In the mean time, I was relaxing and destressing, and having some beer and pizza. All of which was not very good for my tummy. :-/

I pretty much hang out now on...what do you guys call it? the left side? without the Open Forum....well....there's just not alot for me to say over here image But, come spring time and next summer, I'll be gettin the ole XLT out, dusting it off and heading back out to see what there is to find out here in the old Texas hardpan. this ground in West Central Texas truly is the worst for digging...it's like concrete...but I'm sure there's stuff out there just waiting on me to unearth it and give it a new home.

I'm glad you guys are still here and I hope you're not behaving TOO much. I dont wanna get in to the politics of the CU forums, but it seems Mr. Hall is going overboard to me. Just my opinion. image

Anyway....GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL!!

• << <i>Bone-Boy!!! This board just isn't the same without you here to stir up a little trouble now and again. Ok, lots of trouble! It's good to know you're ok John, I've been wondering about you. image
    Mary >>

Hi Mary, just wondering if you got out to dig this past summer and if you found anything good?
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Hi Mary, just wondering if you got out to dig this past summer and if you found anything good?

Hi! I did get some digging in this past summer but to tell you the truth, I had better luck with eyeball finds than I did with the MD. I unearthed lots of loose change, but nothing interesting enough to write about in a post. I found truckloads of coins on the side of roads this past season, I have to wonder what would possess people to toss upwards of $5.00 out the window!

How about you, any good finds?

Mary
    Be Still and Know

• "I pretty much hang out now on...what do you guys call it? the left side? without the Open Forum....
    I dont wanna get in to the politics of the CU forums, but it seems Mr. Hall is going overboard to me."

I give up John, what forums are you talking about?
    Be Still and Know
  • The Open Forum Refugee Camp.

we're out here hiding in cyberspace doing doing and saying things that would make our moms blush

not really....
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any good new haunting stories HamJohn? image
  • Well Mary I didn't get to go much this year, didn't find anything except a couple of nickels and a dime. I have a place I truly am going to hit in the spring when the ground thaws and before the leaves come out on the trees. It's an old , and I do mean old community that has since gone by. It dates back to the late 1700's so I am excited about getting going. There are at least 3 other sites I want to hit also. But I am sure some things will come into play like my roof needing new shingles and dumb stuff like that that will take up the early spring weekends. Before I know it the black flies will be swarming and then it will be summer. It can still be searched but I think the previous conditions I spoke of would be ideal.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".

• << <i>Any good new haunting stories HamJohn? image >>

Yeah, we've had some hellatious (no pun intended) ghost hunts, but there's no OF any more here for me to post about them image
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is the PM function image
  • True...but then I'd leave someone out and they would have their feelings hurt and I'd be banned for some reason