Home Sports Talk
Options

Steve Young and Michael Irvin...

zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
Will never be on the set together again.

Is anyone else watching this?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Everyone's asleep here....what's going on?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyone's asleep here....what's going on? >>

What happened?
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    ???
  • Options

<< <i>Will never be on the set together again.

Is anyone else watching this? >>

I assume you are talking about the MNF pregame show on ESPN? I watched part of it but not the whole thing. I didn't see any ugliness
    or name calling (but maybe I missed something).

Steve Young offers intelligence and insight into the game and players, Irvin on the other hand....... well lets just say he doesn't. image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    We want details!

Please image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Anybody know what happened?
  • Options
    Post game.

They were just arguing on end and it was very annoying. None of the guys could quiet them and neither would back down. Even when they went on to the next point they kept arguing.

I have a feeling that they will be on TIGHT leashes if they are both allowed to be on the set again. Disagreeing on the set is one thing, but they were arguing like little schoolgirls and would not listen to anyone trying to move the show along.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Iriving is a crack smoking douche.
  • Options

<< <i>Post game.

They were just arguing on end and it was very annoying. None of the guys could quiet them and neither would back down. Even when they went on to the next point they kept arguing.

I have a feeling that they will be on TIGHT leashes if they are both allowed to be on the set again. Disagreeing on the set is one thing, but they were arguing like little schoolgirls and would not listen to anyone trying to move the show along. >>

Chris Berman is supposed to be in charge of moving the discussion along to different topics, I suspect he is pretty ticked off at both
    of them right now. There will probably be a team meeting with the higher ups at ESPN where they will be told to shut up when they
    are supposed to shut up.
  • Options
    It started when they were talking about the last play and who's fault it was, and of course Irvin sided with the WR and Young sided with the QB. Irvins a moron, but Young should know better than to argue with someone like that, especially on the air.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>Post game.

I have a feeling that they will be on TIGHT leashes if they are both allowed to be on the set again. Disagreeing on the set is one thing, but they were arguing like little schoolgirls and would not listen to anyone trying to move the show along. >>

Oh so what! It's mostly if not all "schtick" anyway the "arguing" - I thought you may have been referring to Young possibly commenting on Irvin's recent racial comments about Romo.

-
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Post game.

Oh so what! It's mostly if not all "schtick" anyway the "arguing" - I thought you may have been referring to Young possibly commenting on Irvin's recent racial comments about Romo.

- >>

This wasn't schtick. It was ugly and painful to watch.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Post game.

- >>

This wasn't schtick. It was ugly and painful to watch. >>

Yea...and so is the WWE image

The network will tell them to tone it down a notch but in no way will the network tell them to cut it out.

• Options
    FWIW, it was a terrible pass by Delhomme...
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    yes, it was a bad pass....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    It wasn't a bad pass.

It was Meyshawn's fault for not running through the defender to getting to the ball...plain and simple. It's a timing route and that ball is in the air before the receiver hits his spot.

Blaming the QB? Learn something about football before you make that accusation.
  • Options

<< <i>It wasn't a bad pass.

It was Meyshawn's fault for not running through the defender to getting to the ball...plain and simple. It's a timing route and that ball is in the air before the receiver hits his spot.

Blaming the QB? Learn something about football before you make that accusation. >>

Yeah, Delhomme's been on the money with his throws all year, I forgot...
  • Options
    Who was talking all year?

The play in question was the last pass - try to keep up.
  • Options
    Dear ESPN,

Please fire that good for nothing, fur coat wearing, coke snorting, TO jock-sniffing, overrated Michael Irvin.

Thanks,

stown

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Dear ESPN-

Please pay no mind to morons who are jealous of people with more talent and style than they will ever have.

Thanks,

the rest of America
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I don't like Michael Irvin
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Post game.

- >>

This wasn't schtick. It was ugly and painful to watch. >>

I wonder if PTI or Around the Horn will cover this unpleasant incident?

My guess is that ESPN does not like negative coverage of itself so they will pretend it never happened. image
  • Options

<< <i>Who was talking all year?

The play in question was the last pass - try to keep up. >>

It's hard to miss a target as big as Keyshawn Johnson. Nice pass, Delhomme...
  • Options
    That was 100% keyshawn giving up on the route. That is why he thought he was pushed.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

It's hard to miss a target as big as Keyshawn Johnson. Nice pass, Delhomme... >>

You obviously have never played football...and no, Madden 2007 on the xbox doesn't count.

Keyshawn had to get to the spot the ball was thrown, he didn't, he allowed a much smaller defender to keep him from getting position, and the ball was intercepted.

If you'd WATCH the game you'd see that ball was thrown well before meshawn was in position, it's a timing route that was predicated on the receiver getting to the spot and making the catch. The receiver did in the first half, touchdown. The receiver didn't at the end of the game, interception.

Are you really this dense, or are you playing it up for the forum?
  • Options

<< <i>That was 100% keyshawn giving up on the route. That is why he thought he was pushed. >>

He does that alot, so I'm not surprised. Complains that he doesn't get the ball enough yet gets alligator arms when the ball comes his way.
  • Options
    Myshawn does a lot of things a lot of receivers don't - he runs routes across the middle, never gives up on blocking for his teammates, but that route running was abysmal. Then for him to cry like a baby because he let that little defender have his way with the play was icing on the cake.

I wonder if he'll get a suspension for the helmet toss, or just a fine.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's hard to miss a target as big as Keyshawn Johnson. Nice pass, Delhomme... >>

You obviously have never played football...and no, Madden 2007 on the xbox doesn't count.

Keyshawn had to get to the spot the ball was thrown, he didn't, he allowed a much smaller defender to keep him from getting position, and the ball was intercepted.

If you'd WATCH the game you'd see that ball was thrown well before meshawn was in position, it's a timing route that was predicated on the receiver getting to the spot and making the catch. The receiver did in the first half, touchdown. The receiver didn't at the end of the game, interception.

Thanks for the clarification. What school did you play football at? Did it ever get hot inside that mascot uniform? Did little kids used to kick you in the nuts and leave you there looking like a fool?

Are you really this dense, or are you playing it up for the forum? >>

Edited to say: I must have used some derogatory comments towards the Bucs fan, so PSA deleted my text...
  • Options

<< <i>
    Edited to say: I must have used some derogatory comments towards the Bucs fan, so PSA deleted my text... >>

Or you haven't figured out to use quotes yet.