Home Sports Talk
Options

What happened to some of those great bowl game names of the past?

The Furnituregallery.com bowl

The Poulon weed-eater bowl (I'm not making these up)

I know...they just got different sponsors, I got a kick out of those names however.

The Chick-fil-a peach bowl is still around but I think they might have changed the name slightly.

When you have less than exciting teams at 6-5 and 6-6 they have to play somewhere. image

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations to FSU on their Emerald Nuts Bowl bid.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    There's actually a San Diego Credit Union sponsored bowl this year...Sad!
  • Options
    My personal favorite was the Bluebonnet Bowl!
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options

<< <i>My personal favorite was the Bluebonnet Bowl! >>

I think it originally was called the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl but they lost the Astrodome as a sponsor or something and had to change the
    name.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congratulations to FSU on their Emerald Nuts Bowl bid. >>

And to Miami, on thier hard-earned MPC Computer bowl bid, on the Blue Turf in Idaho! image Only the best for the All Crap Conference.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My personal favorite was the Bluebonnet Bowl! >>

I think it originally was called the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl but they lost the Astrodome as a sponsor or something and had to change the
    name. >>

The Bluebonnet Bowl just died off because they were unable to get big names and ticket sales suffered.

The The Furnituregallery.com bowl is now the Texas Bowl - > Website
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I believe it was the Poulan Weed Eater Independence Bowl.