Home Stamps Forum

awesome collection

i work in a small town coin and stamps shop, i mostly hang out on the coin forum, but this was too great to keep to myself. we had a lady come in over the weekend with the greatest stamp collection we have ever come across. there were 3 no. 1's, 3 no. 2's, proofs of both no. 1 & 2, a nearly complete set of proofs of the columbian set, a plate block of $5 indians (sorry i don't have my catalogue so i don't have scott #'s), a penny black, block of 12 with the 5c error (5c stamps surrounded by 2c stamps), many early stamps, complete set of zepps, just an absolutely amazing collection and i thought i'd share. hopefully i'll be able to keep a few.
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• I smell a hinged collection. Please tell me I'm wrong. The stamps you mentioned so far sound exciting. Please check for scott # 39. It is a ninety-cent issue of 1857-1861. If it has a stamped cancel, you have a BIG BOY stamp. This is one of the few stamps that increase in value becuase of it being used. Simply put, way back then very few people had a reason to use a 90 cent stamp. Thanks for sharing and please keep us informed!

Jerry
  • dougwtxdougwtx Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Sounds like what could be a very nice collection. Any flaws? If you get these at a good price and want to sell some, let me know. Thanks for sharing.
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Any U.S. revenues? Am interested...
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the responses! yes, it is mostly a hinged collection, but some are not. i'll look for #39 next time we see the collection. we still are not even close to being done with the collection, and we aren't sure what we will do with it when we are. we will probably sell some to our clients, and consign to siegels, and sell on ebay. i'll post some on the bst board as well i'm sure. one thing i forgot to mention, there were a BUNCH of private propitiary (sp?) stamps, which you don't see every day. there were a few revenues other than that, as well.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Hi

Try this stamp website Poppe Stamps collection by theme and category
    It's a very nice website. The images are very clear & good.. THe website and navigation is very good also..

You can find thousands of stamps..

opaw