Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another try at an 82 Souvenir set

Armed? with the info and encouragement found here after my "negative feedback" post, I had the winning bid on both a P and D set tonight. I'd post the link, but there seems to be a way to do that here that I'm not familiar with.

raz
Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.

Comments

• Options
    Philly

Denny

Is that what you were looking for? image win!
  • Options
    razzlerazzle Posts: 981 ✭✭
    Thank you. Yes, how do those links work?
    Markets (governments) can remain irrational longer than an investor can remain solvent.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    copy/paste the url of the auction located in your web brouser...replying to a thread click on "http" link (chain link) and then paste url into the pop-up box, click "OK" on that box, another box pops up where you can type in information you wish (it will automatically say text, that disapperas with first key stroke. The link will then appear in the reply box, go to preview and click on blue message to make sure your linked correctly. Once you are A-OK, click "reply to thread"...GOOD TO GO!

There is a test forum located in the Navigation: try it out there
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thank you. Yes, how do those links work? >>

Go to the site you want to link and do a "cut" on the URL

When posting or teplying to a message, select the fifth button from the left labelled http.
    A script prompt pops up. Paste the URL into the script box and press enter.
    Another script box pops up asking for the text you want the reaser to click on to activate the link. Key in "linky-poo" or "Philly" or whatever word strikes your fancy and then press enter.

Now press the Preview Button next to Reply to thread to see what your post will look like. Click on your link which should be fully functional.

Edited to add: Congrats on your souvenier set!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a nice Denver quarter and Philly dime.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on your acquisitions, Razzle! Those are definitely the real McCoy! I had no idea the Philly 1982 set brought so much more money than the Denver set. Thanks for posting your success!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiousity, do you plan to keep these sets or to use the coins elsewhere?

I just wonder how many of these are left. Like RichieURich I'm surprised that there is
    there is so much spread between the two since the Philly mintage was only 10,000
    higher. It's also surprising that these have gotten up to these levels. Quality generally is
    not great even if it is better than most alternatives. There still aren't many collectors
    of the clad issues and the smaller coins can be found in rolls with some effort.

It leaves one wondering if pricing is due to a large set premium developing or if it's just
    the fact that the coins are so hard to find elsewhere.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    WoodenJefferson and Lee,

Thanks for the instructions. I've learned to do it for one site, gave up on mastering two. They run together.

raz
  • Options
    reproduction set

Richie and Cladking,

Even this earlier set I had bid on went for that amount?

I'm still looking for an 83 set. I'm just buying them for the satisfaction of having all the unc mints back to 60. As time and money allow, I would like to keeping adding to include the 50's. Regarding the "spread" in the price between the two, I think it may have been related to a mar the seller noted on the Denver set, but I don't really know.

Thanks for your help, and comments.

raz

<< <i>He who knows not that he knows not, knows not. He who knows that he knows not, knows. Author unknown? >>

• Options
    LeianaLeiana Posts: 4,349
    Those are pretty cool! I collect the mint medals/tokens, so I am going to need to find these sooner or later. image

Thanks for sharing!

-Amanda

I'm a YN working on a type set!

My Buffalo Nickel Website Home of the Quirky Buffaloes Collection!

Proud member of the CUFYNA

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file