Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA grades posted--what do I do now?

Okay, I need opinions from the auto guys...

PSA Order Status for Submission # 4349595

LINE # CERT # CARD CARD CO. CARD # CARD NAME VARIETY GRADE
1 81637720 2004 BSBAUTO TOM GLAVINE SSB - SWEET SPOT LOA
2 81637721 BASEBALL - AUTOGR DAVID WRIGHT SSB SWEET SPOT LOO
3 81637722 HISTORICAL - AUTO HILLARY CLINTON SSB - SWEET SPOT LOO

Now, all three balls were signed in my presence, yet only one came back with a LOA. I know the LOO means letter of opinion, but does that mean they deemed it fake? Was there anything I could have done on the submission (include a picture of the signing etc) that would have helped the case?

Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    wish I could help- I would suggest an email to Joe O. since they were signed in your presence. Since it's kind of awkward signing a ball and they could've been signed on the run I would think the sig may differ from their exemplars. I know mine would.
    What were the circumstances of the Hillary sig? I'm sure she wasn't set up at a show!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    The LOO's should indicate why they feel that they are not legit signatures. You may not get very far arguing the issue with them. Perhaps sending them to Spence might be the best option?
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    3 81637722 HISTORICAL - AUTO HILLARY CLINTON SSB - SWEET SPOT LOO

Is this for real, Hoss?

I understand there's a rash of counterfeits circulating around the political memorabilia world.

Jeez, what a bummer.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [qI understand there's a rash of counterfeits circulating around the political memorabilia world. >>

Counterfeit autographs or polititians??
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭

<< <i>[qI understand there's a rash of counterfeits circulating around the political memorabilia world. >>

Counterfeit autographs or polititians?? >>

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I've got the same problem with a Big Mac ball. He handed the freakin' thing to me. Two separate trips to PSA and two letters later it hasn't been authenticated. The letters are both identical - "based on style, angle, blah, blah blah the signature could be authenticated".

Guess it's going to be in my collection forever.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>[qI understand there's a rash of counterfeits circulating around the political memorabilia world. >>

Counterfeit autographs or polititians?? >>

No, no, no.....Counterfeit polititians

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>3 81637722 HISTORICAL - AUTO HILLARY CLINTON SSB - SWEET SPOT LOO

Is this for real, Hoss?

I understand there's a rash of counterfeits circulating around the political memorabilia world.

Jeez, what a bummer. >>

Mrs. Clinton signed it for me at a political event in NY a few years back. Cost me 1K for the plate, and I figured I'd make it worthwhile for me. She signed it with a sharpie (I also got an 8X10 signed that night as well).

The David Wright was signed at spring training in Florida, during the same week I got Glavine to sign.

I guess it comes down to leaving them in the collection without the authentication...Just irks me that I felt there would be no issues with any of these sigs and I was trying to use up my voucher for the club before it expired. To think, I sent the Wright in over a Jackie Jensen I had and the CLinton in over her husbands sig (his got smudged a little).
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    onlyanumber- welcome to the club, I probley got the most rejected items from PSA/DNA which is sad. I had many autographs rejected by PSA/DNA of Dimaggio, Aaron, Williams, and others deeming unauthentic when I witnessed them signing the autographs myself. I used to work for ABC Monday night live channel 7 here in California and before they went on live, many of the staff would pick up autographs from players that would be guest appreances on the show. I had many autographed items I submitted that were returned questionable? My only regret was I wished I had taken a photo with the player when they were actually signing something. Now I carry a digital camera as part of my everyday assessories.

Also what stinks is I've purchased a few items on ebay that were previously graded by PSA/DNA because I wanted the item slabbed, come back returned deeming questionable? These items had stickers on them, but I had to cut the item to fit the holder. I even sent them a scan and actual pieces I cut. It's fustrating when it comes back rejected. Now I just don't bother sending anything in anymore.

I've gave up this idea of submission to PSA/DNA long ago. I rather just buy items already slabbed.

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I got a stack of autographed cards, index cards and the like from a gentleman who was a limo driver in New York (actually I got them from his son). About half were authenticated and the other have were rejected. There were a few big-time names including Maris, Munson and Aaron...Gretzky, Lemiuex, LaFontaine, Barry Bonds etc. I even had a Billy Martin signed baseball. The Maris and Munson, the two I was most excited to have authenticated, came back as not genuine...blah blah blah. The Aaron, Bonds, Gretzky, Lemiuex, Martin, Mattingly and everyone else were all authenticated. shrug. In fact, I just had the aaron authenticated a couple weeks ago. After they denied the Maris and Munson I figured I'd save my money. After two years of staring at it and thinking it sure looked legit, I decided to give it a whirl and it passed. Go figure. I feel your pain. It's alright though, my kids will like hopefully enjoy it (when I have them. image