Home Sports Talk
Options

And I thought Joe T and Tony K were bad..

WOW nfl network huge let down.

Comments

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Joe T is terrible, Kornheiser is superb.

I think the problem with the NFL network is they kind of threw together their team last minute, and were stuck with these 2. Collinsworth is absolutely terrible, Gumble is quite intelligent but I don't think he is a good play by play or color guy. His show on HBO is great, though.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kornheiser is superb.

You're in a very small minority with that opinion!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I like Kornheiser AND Collinsworth, FWIW!
  • Options
    oh my gosh, I was just about to post on this.....Bryant Gumble is horrible to listen to.

His delivery seems so fake, coupled with his higher voice...Ugh+
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kornheiser is terrific on scripted talk show programs. On a live broadcast, he is possibly the worst I have ever seen. No question he'll be gone after this season and back to scripted shows where he belongs.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Kornheiser is terrific on scripted talk show programs. On a live broadcast, he is possibly the worst I have ever seen. No question he'll be gone after this season and back to scripted shows where he belongs. >>

And these guys are absolutely terrible. No wonder Time Warner doesn't want to pay the extra $0.80 or whatever.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    For some odd reason, I can't seem to help but like Kornheiser's sense of humor. I think he's a riot. I could do without his constant fantasy team talk, but I love the way he gives Theismann hell.

And I love him on PTI.

OMG, I think I just agreed with Axtell.....again!!image

shawn
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For some odd reason, I can't seem to help but like Kornheiser's sense of humor. I think he's a riot. I could do without his constant fantasy team talk, but I love the way he gives Theismann hell.

And I love him on PTI.

shawn >>

<<< OMG, I think I just agreed with Axtell.....again!! >>>

I've read where research scientists who are working on things such as cures for cancer, are also working on trying to cure this horrible disease of "agreeing with Axtell" image

-
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>For some odd reason, I can't seem to help but like Kornheiser's sense of humor. I think he's a riot. I could do without his constant fantasy team talk, but I love the way he gives Theismann hell.

And I love him on PTI.

shawn >>

<<< OMG, I think I just agreed with Axtell.....again!! >>>

I've read where research scientists who are working on things such as cures for cancer, are also working on trying to cure this horrible disease of "agreeing with Axtell" image

- >>

• Options
    ESPN is getting good ratings for MNF, unless Kornheiser did something really stupid like Michael Richards I don't think
    they would have any incentive to get rid of him.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Why would they?

Tony K. brings insight and the common guy can relate to him. He talks and asks questions the average guy does, and obsesses over his fantasy team like the average guy too. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of every single rule, and he asks questions that most announcers would simply gloss over and assume their audience knows it all.

The best thing about him is he doesn't have this air of fakeness about him that so many announcers do. I hope he stays in the booth for a good long time.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't they?

Tony K. brings common knowledge and the simple guy can relate to him. He talks and asks questions like the average girlfriend who asks about every single play and obsesses over his fantasy team like the average girl decides what to wear. Not everyone knows the ins and outs of every single rule, even though the average fan knows 95% of them, and he asks questions that most announcers would simply gloss over and assume their audience knows a majority of it, which they do.

The best thing about him is he doesn't have this air of not knowing the how to act unscripted because his co-announcers, and the audience, all ready know. I hope he gets out of the booth in a very short time.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts