Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Called UNC Coin slabbing company today

If anyone wants to have fun and make their blood pressure go through the roof, call them, I did.

They kept calling themselves ANI Grading, image

They do NOT guarantee their grades. If you don't like the grade on one of their slabs, tough. No recourse as they don't offer any.

They did claim to offer authenticity guarantee to fair market value based upon greysheet or auction prices.

Now, I hate them as much as any of you and would never, ever, ever consider using them, but they don't claim to be anything more than an opinion. That is where they prey on the unknowing: The newbies will think they are viable, but really are not and offer no grade guarantee, unlike PCGS, NGC, or ANACS.

They guy sounded like a middle-aged, white guy just looking for his next sucker. It really disgusted me and my blood pressure went up 40 points.

Tom
Tom

Comments

• Options
    Tom.........
    What if they have caller ID?
    They might just call you back at 3am. Night after night.
    And hang up every time you answer.
    Don't hassel someone just for fun. They might try to get even.

Ray
  • Options
    tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    I really did not call them to hassle them, and I do have called Id blocking.
    What I really wanted to do is find out first hand if they had a grading and authenticity guarantee. You hear enough hearsay on these boards that sometimes you like to find out for yourself WHY they are so bad.

Tom
    Tom

• Options
  • Options

<< <i>
    They did claim to offer authenticity guarantee to fair market value based upon greysheet or auction prices.

>>

That's a heck of a lot better than the "Big Boys"!
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tom.........
    What if they have caller ID?
    They might just call you back at 3am. Night after night.
    And hang up every time you answer.
    Don't hassel someone just for fun. They might try to get even.

Ray >>

one of my neighbors is a real mean guy....He charges me a dollar to use his phone...
    I hear his phone ringing in the middle of the night all the time image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file