Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Insurance is $1.70 if you desire it, if using Paypal insurance is required

Title is from the description of an ebay auction. I don't normally worry about insurance on items under $50. Also, I prefer to pay by paypal. I don't feel it is right to demand you buy insurance if paying by paypal and no other way. I think he should leave it as optional or demand it no matter how you pay! For those that want a link just look up seller: seylevel.

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the way paypal works, the seller is trying to cover his behind in case the USPS screws up on a paypal sale. Pretty common. Better thing to do for an item less than fifty bucks is just specify a flat rate shipping fee that includes the cost of insurance for all buyers.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seller has been over charging for insurance for a long time. BTW the coins I got from them arrived with no insurance.

I don't do business with them any more!!!!!
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That seller has been over charging for insurance for a long time. BTW the coins I got from them arrived with no insurance.

I don't do business with them any more!!!!! >>

And how are you concluding that they were not insured? Private insurance such as PIP (Parcel Insurance Plan)
    is used by many sellers, is paid for separately, and sellers are asked NOT to stamp "Insured" on the package, since it
    yells "steal me."
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    This thread has what to do with Numismatics and coins?image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Does seylevel still refuse to combine shipping?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does seylevel still refuse to combine shipping? >>

All most forgot about that too. Still wondering who was pushing the bids up. But don't even look there any more.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! I bought from her when i was first getting back into coins and didn't know better....she sells to you then sends her list to you, outside of ebay, and the prices are about the same (or were)....makes you think you are getting a good deal....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file