Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

So, Who will I hear from first: The US Mint or PCGS?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
My set of five ordered 3-coin silver eagles states on the US Mint website, (order 236XXXX) is "order request in process" and down below it states "five units backordered. Expect to ship on 12/08."

Now, I also have an economy crossover submission (3528366) under status still states "OK". It was received on 10-24.

If you were a gambling man who do you believe I will hear favorable news from first?

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    PCGS my 10/23 economy just posted
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    Excellent!

peacockcoins

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    But when was your mint order "received" ?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    I say "the mint" because when you do finally hear from them, it should be favorable. But a crossover to pcgs has a good chance of being NOT favorable.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    robertprrobertpr Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭
    If I were a gambling man, I would wager that you won't hear a favorable response from either of them! image
  • Options

<< <i>If I were a gambling man, I would wager that you won't hear a favorable response from either of them! image >>

You have a good point.
    I ordered from the Mint the day before they announced they were sold out.

Edited to add: The crossover coins to PCGS are all PCI gold, so we'll see.

peacockcoins

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat, you will hear from PCGS first, and gambling is a NO NO , so if we are... we'll hear from PCGS even sooner image

Joe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file