Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Younghead Vickie 6d brockage?

Offered as a brockage on eBay, from a seller in the UK.

What do you think? I think it looks interesting.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    image I like it, would be a neat additon to the vest?
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that thought. But it isn't exactly cheap, and the seller's shipping & handling fees are pretty heinous if one uses PayPal.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    It sure doesn't look like any brockage that I've seen before. The reverse design isn't even from a coin, is it?
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    It certainly is not a brockage of sixpence on sixpence. I flipped the backside. The nose shape if different, more typical of later YH portraits. The shilling and farthing portraits do not match the backside, so maybe a colonial or trial piece was used.

imageimage

Is it genuine? image
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That hole is devestating. There are some brockages of many denominations now available with some popularity. I think it is a concoction. In Brit-speak a brockage is actually damage such as a clip to the planchet so they don't always use the same language definitions even with coins.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.