Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another 20th Anniv. GAE thread....Once it is announced that no more available from the mint, do pric

And who intends to buy on the secondary market after it is announced?image
And I ain't lying this time.

Comments

• Options
    Gold sets? That is last month's news.

The only possible outcome that I see is that a few more sets ship and give the price a mild bump down (like 3%). There is virtually no one waiting to buy on the announcement that shipping has been completed.

The spot price of gold probably has more to do with day-to-day fluctuations on the gold sets than any remaining shipments.

I think there is a lot of resistance and quite a few sellers at every small increment up. The old high of approximately $6100 for raw sets will be very tough to crack. Many buyers at high prices in the secondary market will be very glad to get out even or with a small profit. Long term, I think these A12 gold sets will do fine, however, I believe a lot of that will be propelled by a hot gold bullion market.
  • Options
    michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    oh yes they triple by feb 2007
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    I agree with what you say except for saying that it is last month's news.

If the mint took 10,000 more orders than they could sell and some are waiting to see if they are lucky enough to get a set at Mint issue price, and then find out that they will not be one of the remaining "lucky" ones, then I believe this will be current news and may have some impact on the current price levels.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Most collectors have given up on these sets from the U.S. Mint. Prices will start to stabalize and eventually increase thru the years much like the 1995 W ASE, especially the 70's.
  • Options

The coins look fantastic to me. The Reverse Proof in gold is far better than the RP in silver. I think that will fuel demand a bit over the years. Heck, if a buffalo dollar can be $200+ then these will do fine.
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The initial rush to sell the gold sets, seems to

be moderating. There will be a downward bias

untill the demand begins to exceed supply. After

a few months, the gold sets will begin a slow and steady

rise in price, to reflect its rarity and beauty.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file