Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please dont trash cards give them to Cards 4 Kids

Hello all I just read these posts in another thread and had to say something.

<<Do what I did-- when you get the box back just grab everything that graded an 8 or less and throw it in the trash. You have NO IDEA how much better you'll feel once you've gotten that stuff out of your house. >>

<<Trash is a great place for all those 8s, Boo. Hardly worth the effort to list them. >>

For those that don't already know or forgot. I work with a program here in California called Cards 4 Kids. We take donations of unwanted cards and distribute them at local childrens hospitals throughout California and working on a chapter in parts of Oregon as well. We distributed over 500,000 so far this year These Kids love it when we show up and pass out cards and spend some time talking sports with them. It doesnt even matter how old the cards are. The kids may not know the players but most associate with a certain sport and team rather then players . I started this 7 years ago and it has spread with great response. So even if its boxes of commons Please pm me before you ever think about tossing them. I can even pay the shipping for good size lots or if you want to know more and maybe start a chapter of Cards 4 kids in your town feel free to email or pm me.
Happy Holidays Everyone

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I have some PSA graded cards that I'm never going to sell. PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.
  • Options
    Hey Thanks Richard
    They will be put to good useimage
  • Options
    i have sent cards to prgrams such as this and now once again i have many cards i would love to donate, and if there is not a chapter here in portland let me know what is involved and i would love to start a chapter here in Portland Oregon
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    PM sent.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 5 years ago I donated about 400,000 cards to the Shriners Hospital in Greenville SC. The Shriners do a lot for the kids so I was glad to be able to help out a little.
    James
  • Options

Arthur
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i sent him a PM on this regarding setting something up like this in the nashville area.... back in november..

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    or just fill packs with em
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622

<< <i>Hello all I just read these posts in another thread and had to say something.

<<Do what I did-- when you get the box back just grab everything that graded an 8 or less and throw it in the trash. You have NO IDEA how much better you'll feel once you've gotten that stuff out of your house. >>

<<Trash is a great place for all those 8s, Boo. Hardly worth the effort to list them. >>

For those that don't already know or forgot. I work with a program here in California called Cards 4 Kids. We take donations of unwanted cards and distribute them at local childrens hospitals throughout California and working on a chapter in parts of Oregon as well. We distributed over 500,000 so far this year These Kids love it when we show up and pass out cards and spend some time talking sports with them. It doesnt even matter how old the cards are. The kids may not know the players but most associate with a certain sport and team rather then players . I started this 7 years ago and it has spread with great response. So even if its boxes of commons Please pm me before you ever think about tossing them. I can even pay the shipping for good size lots or if you want to know more and maybe start a chapter of Cards 4 kids in your town feel free to email or pm me.
    Happy Holidays Everyone >>

i give cards away for halloween..