Home Metal Detecting
Options

Couple more silver today.

Got out for a few hour's today and picked 2 more silver's.Got a 42s merc and a 64d rosie.
Somebody asked when I found the SLQ if I cleaned it and I explained why I did so this time I took a pic of what the silver coin's look like when they come out of this park.
As you can see they have the greyish dull look the only thing we can think that would do this is fertilizer being used on the turf but not totally positive about that as some park's the silver come's out just like the day it was dropped.
HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a place or two where the silver comes out that color, whereas in the rest of the parks in town it comes out nice n' bright.

Not that I would know from recent experience, having dug only two pieces of silver all year. WTG- you're up to my entire annual quota!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Nice take Tom.

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I've never seen silver come out of the ground like that. image
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I found two Merc's that look pretty similar to those two. Where I am at the silver coins look much better coming out of sand-like black or dark gray soil. The two I found near sidewalk/cemented walkway were kind of grayish.

Great finds. You found lots of silvers in Nov. I found 14 or 15 something like that. I've gone months without one and then found bunch in one month...
  • Options
    Hey LM that is the same here some park's
    they come out nice and clean and then some they look like the one's I posted.

Thank's Gary,

SD you will one dayimage

Hey HK I think I have found 8 or 9 for the month.I think this is the most I have found in awhile in a whole month.HH,Tom