Preparing their november sub :'(

I will

Comments

• Options
    working on a 200 cards trying to pick out 100 to send
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    me too

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I got my subs done early so I didnt have to image
  • Options
    got mine NARROWED down to 125 why did I wait? I had my g/f here helping, she has great eyes!! She picked out 2 or 3 hairline wrinkles for me. Now I am by myself image
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I mailed my modest 25 card sub out today!
  • Options
    i didnt wait i already sent 200 in this month trying to get 1 more sub in
  • Options

This is the first time I've sent in a submission for a monthly special and not sent it in on the last day. Got it to the post office this afternoon. Quite an improvement.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also working late. Got to get to the PO early tomorrow to beat the weather.

Here in St. Louis we will go from 75 degrees today to a winter storm warning tomorrow.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    took a break

but back to work NOW!
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Two 50 card subs for me. Everytime I send off the 100 card bonanza I get stuck with the G.O.D., so I'm going to try something different.
  • Options
    56 carder. Not expecting great things, though.

G.O.D. is your friend, Boo!

I look at G.O.D. the way Zef looks at cigarettes.

I am one bad submission from financial ruin!
  • Options
    Two subs of about 40-45 cards each in the mail today - hoping (against hope) to have a handful of those great little PSA boxes to open by Christmas...
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I mailed a 62 card sub in today. I just hope mine beats all of yours on the conveyer belt! image
  • Options

<< <i>56 carder. Not expecting great things, though.

G.O.D. is your friend, Boo!

I look at G.O.D. the way Zef looks at cigarettes.

I am one bad submission from financial ruin! >>

LOL! It's not the financial ruin I worry about so much as it the utterly depressing prospect of having to find a home for 200 (or more) PSA graded cards with a collective value of about $550. Although I will be the first to admit that spending $600 on grading fees, and getting $200 worth of cards back, is a high hard one right up the ol' jockey shorts.

Also, LOL at Yankeeno7's conveyor belt line, which suggests that there's a 'FIFO' policy at PSA. Don't make me laugh so hard next time, Yank-- I'm getting older, and my bladder's no longer made of cast iron. And the chair I'm sitting in is upholstered in cloth.
  • Options

<< <i>Two subs of about 40-45 cards each in the mail today - hoping (against hope) to have a handful of those great little PSA boxes to open by Christmas... >>

After I mail these next two tomorrow I will have 7 subs waiting at PSA. Hopefully by Christmas I'll have something back as well!
  • Options
    LOL Boo..If I can just cut the checking status 60 times a day for just one day, I'll take it! But I do know that FIFO doesnt exist...but its a comforting thought! Party on!! image (Even if you do have a weak bladder!)
  • Options
    Mailed mine in today. Looking forward to seeing what the Dec specials will be.
  • Options
    Speaking of that JVette...

I have a couple other things going on besides the holiday shopping and was going to take the chance they would extend this special in December. I just couldnt chance it. I borrowed money out of one of my "do not touch" funds OUCH!! Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do!
  • Options

<< <i>LOL Boo..If I can just cut the checking status 60 times a day for just one day, I'll take it! But I do know that FIFO doesnt exist...but its a comforting thought! Party on!! image (Even if you do have a weak bladder!) >>

No, Virginia, FIFO DOES exist.

Signed,

Santa Claus image

In all seriousness, best of luck on your sub.
  • Options
    Thanks Santa! image

And good luck on yours also, Boopotts! image
  • Options
    Mailed mine on 11/27 to avoid the last minute rush
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I wasn't planning on it, but I just realized this was a good opportunity to get in my 50's cards.

Looks like I'll be up!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I just freaking finished. I haven't had a late night in a while. Tomorrow should be interesting at work while I'm half asleep at my deskimage
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I have learned a very important lesson by reading this thread.

Don't bother sending in a submission the first week of a month right after a special has ended. They're going to spend all of next week opening your packages!

I assume you're all doing your Christmas shopping on December 24th? *grin*
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    It looks like this special has been extended. I guess I know where I'll be on Dec. 29th.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    yikes...

give in to temptation and send all your modern subs in

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

sent my 100 cards 8 days ago and it was entered in this morning.