Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anybody know SGC's stance on hand-cut strip cards?

I know PSA will only grade if defined borders are present. Does anyone know if SGC is like this as well? I'm not considering sending cards to SGC but considering buying one and wondered what the crossover might be.

Thanks for the help.

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    Arthur,

From my past strip submissions, to avoid an 'Aut';

SGC wants to see the black thin cut line on all fours to get a number grade. Cut right up to, but not _on_ the line.

PSA has same req. and recently, even more strict. To be safe, with PSA subs, make certain the black cut-line is present and small amt of border from the adjoining cards. Sad, but you have to sacrifice adjoining cards so it appears, to satisfy PSA.

At any rate, it's a crap shoot with PSA. SGC is/was more forgiving. To be safe, always leave the cutline and a smidgion of adjoining white border.

Check my album for the W565 Gehrig SGC 50 as an example.
  • Options
    Hey Arthur,

Its a crapshoot. I think you're more likely to get a numerical from PSA. I've seen a lot of Auth's from SGC lately.

Good luck, Dempseys are in the mail!
    -Kyle-
  • Options

<< <i>Hey Arthur,

Its a crapshoot. I think you're more likely to get a numerical from PSA. I've seen a lot of Auth's from SGC lately.

Good luck, Dempseys are in the mail!
    -Kyle- >>

Thanks Kyle image

I've seen a few graded by SBC on ebay and I'm not familiar with the issues. They looked pretty clean but I couldn't see any defined borders and I'm not sure if that particular issue had defined borders. I'll see if I can hunt those auctions down again and post what W### it was.

Thanks for the input guys.

Arthur