Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help on 1952 Wheaties

Does anyone know where I can find information on the size of these cards after they have been cut?
I recently found a 52 Wheaties Feller deep within my card cabinet and it appears to not have been cut down
to size yet. Here is a scan.

Thanks for the help,
Charles

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piman

The cards when carefully cut out along the border are 2 x 2 - 3/4"

That's a sweet card.

The players can be found in both portrait and action shots - I have the Berra cards someplace?

Besides the large boxes, in '51 they came out on individual small boxes - I've seen them at shows many times in the late 80s - early 90s but was affraid of couterfeiting.

In fact, the '52 wheaties stuff has been heavily counterfeited - the Standard Catalog of BB puts the glut of fakes around 2002.

It's a fun set to do.

There's a total of 10 BB players - each with two cards:

Berra, Campanella, Feller, Kell, Kiner, Lemon, Musial, Rizzuto, Roe and Williams.

mike

edit: if the card were carefully cut out and has no creases - including the back - the card in Nm would book at around 60 bucks.
    Mike
  • Thanks for the information Mike.
    Feller has always been a favorite of mine.
    I may try to complete this set before I retire.

Charles
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 52 FB come back as a 7 with blue border still intact.

Loves me some shiny!
  • ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the information Mike.
    Feller has always been a favorite of mine.
    I may try to complete this set before I retire.

Charles >>

Interesting set. I did an eBay search to see what the other cards look like, and I stumbled across this. Charles, if you're a Feller fan and might chase the set, this piece would be perfect!
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    ajw...thanks for the heads up on the auction.