Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is there any way to tell what sets PSA no longer grades?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they stopped grading the Exhibit cards. Are there any other sets that they used to grade and no longer do? Specifically, I'm curious if they still grade the 1946 Propagandas Montiel cards. Thanks

Arthur

Comments

• Options
    Ralston Purina's and Nestle's come to mind. I'm not sure on the exact year of these but I knoe they were mid eighties.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Do what I did. Email them with a polite explanation as to why a web page that lists all the issues they no longer grade would save both them and their customers time and money, then sit back, make like Depeche Mode and 'enjoy the silence'.
  • Options

<< <i>Do what I did. Email them with a polite explanation as to why a web page that lists all the issues they no longer grade would save both them and their customers time and money, then sit back, make like Depeche Mode and 'enjoy the silence'. >>

Arthur
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    One place they do list it is on the pop report. I discovered this quite by accident this week. Just look for the year of issue and after any set they no longer grade, it will state that. I have at least 3 cards in right now that won't be graded.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

<< <i>One place they do list it is on the pop report. I discovered this quite by accident this week. Just look for the year of issue and after any set they no longer grade, it will state that. I have at least 3 cards in right now that won't be graded. >>

Thanks Dave image

In that case I guess they are still grading them. Muchas gracias image

Arthur
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>One place they do list it is on the pop report. I discovered this quite by accident this week. Just look for the year of issue and after any set they no longer grade, it will state that. I have at least 3 cards in right now that won't be graded. >>

That does work.... sometimes. But you still run into problem when you're dealing with issues that some graders will grade, but others will not. For instance, I just had a 1986 Topps Tattoo rejected ,despite the fact that I had 13 of them graded in July and will doubtlessly grade more in the future. And any number of guys here can tell stories about PSA's 'on again, off again' policy re: 1982 Fleer Stamps.
  • Options
    Same with some 60's topps stamps sometimes they grade and sometimes they don't.

They really stopped grading exhibits? Seems pretty retarded to stop grading something you have in the PSA set registry.
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    VintageJeff (or anyone, for that matter), by any chance do you know of a good reputable dealer that sells authentic Exhibits? I've always wanted to pick up some Dempseys but after reading about the high number of fakes and trimmed/altered raw ones on ebay I'm very leery. I really haven't seen a lot of slabbed Exhibits either. Any help would be appreciated.

Arthur