Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Teletrade Morgan/Peace Dollars Tonight Wed 11/29

I forgot to do my buybacks on these so they will sell as a true auction tonight. Just four lots.

Lot 1522 - 1878 VAM-43 NGC 62DPL
OK. This was my set coin until a little while back. Last I looked and I am sure it hasn't changed, there were 2 DMPLs for this variety at NGC and 2 at PCGS. Both PCGS ones are MS63DMPL and one is my set coin. Both at NGC are MS62DPL, this being one of them. So, if you need one of these for your 7/8TF or Hot-50 set, getting one of the few DMPLs is tough. I expect to lose some dinero on this one, but that's how the game goes. Hope it makes it into a good set.

Lot 1728 - 1900-O VAM-15A NGC 63
It is tagged as VAM-15, not one of the toughest Top-100 Morgans in mint state. However, it is clashed with an n transfer, an I-4 and R-6 variety, VAM-15A. I had actually not meant to sell this one and set high buybacks to get it back in the other auctions. I do have another one tick higher in grade; so I don't need it anyway I suppose. If you collect clashed VAMs or want a little more rarity to that slot in a Top-100 set, it might be worth considering.

Lot 1785 - 1927-D PCGS 63
Got into a bidding war with someone else trying to get a nice mint state Top-50 VAM-2 of this date. By the time it arrived in the mail, I had found an NGC 64 though. Ithink I compared the two and this one was not VAM-2, that the obverse crack was too high. You can judge it. I honestly forgot if I attributed it VAM-2 or not. If you do, look very carefully where the neck crack is and compare it to a reliable piece, like in Heritage's archives. Nonetheless, this one will likely offset some gains elsewhere for me.

Lot 1788 - 1934-D NGC 63
Just a nicely struck, lustrous, better date Peace dollar in a good grade. MS63 on up has some appreciation potential. Below that, I don't see it. The 64 sells for about 50% more ($600 instead of $400) than the 63. I don't see upgrade written all over the coin, but it is above average solid for the grade. A lot of 63s are not appealing, while this one is pretty nice. But I can't keep all the nice ones I have.

Well, if any of these interest you, good luck and hope you get what you like for the right price. Any questions on these just PM me before auction closes. If you are looking for VAMs, I do have duplicates that I could barter here and save both of us auction fees and hassles. I have list coins and rarities that are not being followed heavily.....yet.
Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
NSDR - Life Member
SSDC - Life Member
ANA - Pay As I Go Member

Comments