Home Sports Talk
Options

Boston Globe says JD Drew/Sox looking at $14 million/year

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
Four to five years per the rumor mill. I guess salary inflation has hit big time since the Johnny Damon contract negotiations!

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I hope they pay it. I don't think Drew is worth it and I don't mind the Yanks facing a Red Sox team with Drew on it. Please Lord have Manny in another uniform by next year. >>

I don't think Drew is worth it either. Chances are he will be a much-higher-paid and slightly-better Trot Nixon.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    14 million a year. That should equate to about 140,000 for the 100 or so games he will be healthy enough to play. Considering his injury history, give him $6 million with an $8 million performance clause for 600 plate appearances. image
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>14 million a year. That should equate to about 140,000 for the 100 or so games he will be healthy enough to play. Considering his injury history, give him $6 million with an $8 million performance clause for 600 plate appearances. image >>

that would be excellent for the team...so Drew would never go for it!
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically a Drew for Manny swap (in terms of dollars). One of Theo's all time worst ideas. Roughly the equivalent of the Bruins trading Joe Thornton during his MVP year.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    jd drew is one good injury from being done for his "career" this guy might sneeze and bruise a rib.
  • Options
    Possibly the softest guy in MLB. A hitting talent, but he hasn't come close to matching his 2004 season(age 28), which is looking more and more like that was his peak. 2001 and 2005 he had nice percentages but they were only half seasons. A few healthy seasons could put him to those heights again...but I wouldn't bank on that occuring(nor pay that amount for that amount of years).
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Fa Q JD Drew
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not put him in a Boston uniform .....Please.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Maybe if he signs with Boston I will be able to get back some of my money from the 1998 Leaf RC's and Stars PSA 10 and BGS 9.5's I bought back in the day...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Looks like a pattern for Drew.

Games Played:
    1999 - 104
    2000 - 135
    2001 - 109
    2002 - 135
    2003 - 100
    2004 - 145
    2005 - 72
    2006 - 146
    2007 - ?

So 2007 should be an injury year.
    Looking for Los Angeles/California/Anaheim Angels in PSA 8 or better
  • Options
    $14 Mil per year? You got to be kidding me. The guy has one year during the last 9 years where he had 500 or more at bats and 100 or more RBI's.
  • Options
    trust me, I don't think too many Red Sox fans are excited about the "upside potential" of this signing. Platooning Nixon and Peña is more appealing...even though it would not solve the problem that seems imminent: a gap in the order behind David Ortiz. Then again, JD Drew wouldn't solve that problem either.
  • Options
    done deal per ESPN.com