Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Old Judge in BVG Slab

Old Judge

This raises a few questions:
1. WHY on earth would you ever put an OJ card in a BVG holder?
2. Would you be worried about trimmed or authenticity?
3. Should his feedback be a concern?

I really want an OJ card for my collection, and the price on this one is still low.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    1. WHY on earth would you ever put an OJ card in a BVG holder?
    Not everyone wants to pay PSA an annual fee to submit. The very casual collector or antique shop may very well choose BVG for this reason alone.

2. Would you be worried about trimmed or authenticity?
    Just looking at the overall rounded appearance of the corners suggests the card isn't trimmed. Cards are usually trimmed to sharpen corners and occasionally to enhance centering. BGS reputation is on the line along with any other grading firm when these cards get slabbed. Odds are quite high but not 100% it is authentic.

3. Should his feedback be a concern?
    The seller deals primarily with apparel which is traditionally a hostile feedback envirnment. Since you are bidding on a slabbed card I wouldn't expect much hassel aside from a potentially scratched holder.

Good luck!
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options

<< <i>Old Judge

I really want an OJ card for my collection, and the price on this one is still low.

Any thoughts? >>

Maybe its not a good idea to post auctions you want to win cheap on a public forum, you have just brought it to the attention of everyone that reads this. Not that i care but it isnt gonna help the price stay low.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    I dont know what your expecting to get this for......it should go for about $150. Anything more would be getting a little ridiclious on this card. But I agree, don't think I'd be posting an auction i'm trying to win.
  • Options
    Musta missed this one... Billy, Thanks for finding that authentic, cheap and legit OJ. My snipe is RTG! image
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm impressed with the sellers steller feedback.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭
    <Not everyone wants to pay PSA an annual fee to submit>

The membership fee includes grading vouchers which more than cover the price of the membership and you also get access to the
    online pop reports and 12 issues of the SMR.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I dont know what your expecting to get this for......it should go for about $150. Anything more would be getting a little ridiclious on this card. But I agree, don't think I'd be posting an auction i'm trying to win. >>

i hate to point this out again, but he's not trying to win the auction.. this is just a new "thedpro" account with referral links.. not to mention he bumped a bunch of "thedpro" threads..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    somehow I don't think Billy will be with us much longer......

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i><Not everyone wants to pay PSA an annual fee to submit>

The membership fee includes grading vouchers which more than cover the price of the membership and you also get access to the
    online pop reports and 12 issues of the SMR. >>

Yeah, but people don't look at that. They look at that big membership fee and turn away. A casual user might not have more than 2 or 3 cards worth grading. Admittedly, this is how I got started in grading myself. It was easier to simply give Beckett $20 or whatever the rate is to grade on a card by card basis whenever I needed.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like $150 was a little low on this bad boy.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>looks like $150 was a little low on this bad boy. >>

No surprise. I've said this before that the strictly pre-WW1 card collectors scour ebay like white on rice. On ebay I occasionally get nice deals on 50s, 60s and 70s cards...my main collecting interest. But I've never seen a "really good deal" on ebay on pre-WW1 cards. Sellers can list these cards wrong, have typos, and make mistakes every which way but loose, and these collectors still find them and the auctions always get a lot of hits.