Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

What would you guys do??

I've recenty purchased a 1956 Sandy Koufax PSA 7 for my set. This particular seller had two 1956 Koufax PSA 7's for sale at the same time last October 29th. The card I won was centered very, very nicely and the other card was o/c but within the guidelines for a PSA 7 and had a very slight tilt cut. I was mailed the other Koufax and the other buyer was mailed mine. It's been a month now since I let the seller know about it which was immediately after I received the card. He did say he would try to contact the other seller and do a swap. I did e-mail him a few days ago for an update but have not heard back from him. Should I be annoyed about this at this point? I wanted the centered high end 7 which I did win and paid $13 more for it but I got the card that sold for less and was uglier. What would you do? What should I do? Thanks is advance.

Dave D.

Comments

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    you didn't get the card you bid on. Did you pay via paypal? If so, open a dispute. That should get his attention.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    tell him you are going to return it for a full refund INCLUDING shipping BOTH ways if he can't make it right.

if you don't like it now, you never will, and you will never be happy with it.
  • mealewormmealeworm Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭
    I would be upset. It happened to me awhile back(only about a $40 card)and the card I won was actually sent to me about a month later. The trouble is I sent the card back before the other arrived which is risky if you are being scammed. You would then be out everything and he would have proof of DC. I would want the right card and wonder what others feel about how to go about getting the card.

Dave
    1957 Topps 99% 7.40 GPA
    Hank Aaron Basic PSA 7-8(75%)
  • Yes. I did pay via Paypal.
  • Hi Dave,

I would politely ask for a refund if he is not able to get the switch to happen. Even though both are 1956 PSA 7's, it is not the card that you bid on so you received merchandise that was improperly advertised. Try to take the high road initially. If he is unwilling to refund you, you can begin taking action with eBay.

Good luck!

Harry
  • And to think, the thought was in my mind that this was going to happen when I saw both auctions ending close to the same time.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Print a copy of the auction (hopefully picture is still up) prior to recontacting the seller. This will be your proof that it is indeed different. Once the picture is removed it will be tough to prove to paypal.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    I have made similar mistakes by shipping the card
    that was not the one pictured. Several times I would
    have been sol if I had been called on it, because I had
    done the same thing your seller did.

The one time I did get called on it, I just sent the guy
    the right card and let him keep the other one. It was
    a $9.00 card. He thought I was a saint and has bought
    alot of other cheap stuff (which is all I sell) from me
    since then.

Your seller owes you $13.00, but it sounds like you will
    need PayPal's help to collect.

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell him you are going to return it for a full refund INCLUDING shipping BOTH ways if he can't make it right.

if you don't like it now, you never will, and you will never be happy with it.

Agreed. He may not be able to compel the other buyer to return your card but he can sure as heck refund you in full for shipping out the wrong card. IMO, he should have offered you this option by now, anyway.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • I'm giving the seller the benefit of the doubt due to who it is that it will be made right. I'm sure it's just an oversight but I want my darn card. I'm just not attached to this one like it's one of my own. I just don't have feelings for this card. lol
  • Did he put delivery confirmation on the package? If not, then he will lose with paypal. However, you would have to claim that you didn't get the package.

I would say that there is probably nothing that can be done. Get a refund or keep the ugly 7.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Not all 7s are created equal...or any other grade for that matter. If the switch cant happen, get a refund and find a card you will be more happy with. I am sure 56 Koufax in PSA 7 pop up enough to be a bit choosey.

Barry
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I just checked...there are 485 graded in PSA 7. I would be a bit more choosey if you arent happy with the card now.
  • You bought the CARD, not the holder.

You did not receive the card you bid on.

File a claim via paypal.

Nothing to feel bad about here --- you didn't get the card you bid on.

-t
    - Building these sets:
    ------- 1960 Topps Baseball PSA 8+
    ------- 1985 Topps Hockey PSA 9+
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    What would Brian Boitano do?
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you get your complaint filed with paypal and ebay within 45 days of the end of the auction, after that it's too late!
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, don't be late about it. I was late and got screwed royally. Get it done quick whatever you do. The seller should just refund you some money and be done with it.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee