Home Sports Talk
Options

Teams That Need a Win this Week NFL

Cincy- They Need to win to Stay alive, Tough game in BAL on a few days rest.

Ny Jets- Win this weekend and the playoff run is legit.

Atlanta- They are falling way way behind the saints and can afford another loss and saints win.

Ny Giants- They don't want the cowboys to get a big lead on them.

Carolina- Same boat as atlanta, need a win in the worst way.

Denver- Needs a win, intresting to see cutler play, SD is pulling away.

Jax- The playoff run is running thin for them 6-5 and in a tough spot with Jets and Pats and now Miami

Miami- starting to make a push behind Joey H. Can they make a playoff run?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cincy is the only team out of that bunch that has a prayer if they make the playoffs, Jets are pretenders, Vick will NEVER be a playoff caliber QB, Giants are just awful, Carolina is just too inconsistent, Cutler at QB? Denver is already packing it in, Jax? LOL, Miami will fall FLAT just as quickly as they heated up.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Patriots need a win every week they play through February.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the Patriots need a win every week they play through February. >>

I Agree image
  • Options
    What about carolina? No chance for them? I think they have a legit shot at playoffs.
  • Options
    Every contender in the NFC needs to win-the playoff race is very tight this year with so many teams in the mix.

The Cowboys need to finish off the Giants................
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    The Cincy-Baltimore game is in Cincy, not Baltimore, so Cincy has a shot. They lose, they're done. The Jets are going to make it because their schedule the rest of the way is super easy. After all is said and done, I think the AFC will be Pats, Ravens, Colts, and Chargers, with the wild cards going to NYJ and Denver/KC.

For the NFC, I think it will be Dallas, Chitown, New Orleans, and Seattle, with the wild cards going to the Panthers and Giants. Chicago better watch out for Dallas and Seattle. I think either of those teams can win in Chicago. I know Seattle got blown out earlier in the season, but things change, everyone knows that...And Alexander is back...
  • Options
    I think Dallas needs this game more than the Giants because the Gaints are 3-0 in the division, the Cowboys are 1-3 in the division.
    Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chiefs need a win against Cleveland Sunday. They can't afford to lose because they have the Ravens at Arrowhead and the Chargers at San Diego the next two weeks.

And the Chiefs for once have the Broncos in their rearview late in the season, (records the same but have better division record) so they need to keep them there. Hopefully Cutler will struggle mightily in his debut for Denver.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an oddity. The Chiefs have beaten all four teams in the NFC west this year.

I'm glad they did now that they ran the table on the NFC west, but why are they even playing all four teams in that division in the same season?image
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's an oddity. The Chiefs have beaten all four teams in the NFC west this year.

I'm glad they did now that they ran the table on the NFC west, but why are they even playing all four teams in that division in the same season?image >>

Just the way the schedule works out.

Teams play every team in their division twice, play an out of conference division once, then the rest of it is based on last years finish I think.

I don't have a schedule in front of me, but in following the Colts I know their division is the supposed powerhouse NFC East. They play the Redskins, Giants, Eagles, and Cowboys. Because they won their division last year, other teams on their schedule include other first place teams last year, which is why the Patriots and Bengals are on their schedule. At least that's the way I've understood it.

I'm sure if you look at other teams, you'll find it works out about the same.

Shawn
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I agree with the Chiefs needing a win. The last few years they have had a tendency to go on the road and lose games they had no business losing. Need to bring the A game to Cleveland, a good game to let Trent air it out and get some confidence. They don't lose at Arrowhead in December (should be a good game against Baltimore), which could make the SD game huge. Even more so than it all ready was. The season could wind up coming down to Week 17 against Jacksonville for a final playoff spot. Should be exciting!
    Travis
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe the Steelers throttled the Chiefs this year, I guess it was just an off week for KC, because the Steelers are pretty bad this year...BTW, this is a classic 'trap' game for KC this week against Cleveland, I think Cleveland gives them all they can handle.