Home Metal Detecting

Tonights the night...

Well, when I first bought my detector, I went out a few days... and havent went out since.

Drove by a perfect place a week or so ago (so I think its perfect...) and Ive decided that Im going out tonight after what may lie there. Probably isnt anything for older coins... but modern change, and the possibility of rings lay here without a doubt.

Lets hope im not eating my words when I post findings tomorrow...

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • 11pm. Packing up, and heading out.

Rob, want to try something mid Dec?
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rob, want to try something mid Dec? >>

'Tis a possibility! I put in for a week off but let them choose the week. I see I am on next week's schedule, though. I hope I get a week off in December to do some coin biz, and I would certainly welcome the chance to set aside a day or two for diggin'! The last two days here have been gorgeous diggin' weather, with afternoon temps warmed back up into the low 70s.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Sounds good... just let me know.

Last night was a bust. I couldnt find the place in the dark... and where I ended up... the local police (not sure if its legal or not... but I can go ahead and assume being at the park after dark isnt) stopped by. They didnt see me, but went up to my parked car... then left. I quit after that.
  • Just tell the police that you lost your gun and you thought it would be safer to look for it when all the kids aren't around!!! hahaha I agree though.....go for it. If they tell you no, then you find another spot! Good Luck
  • Yeah. Im pretty busy the next couple days. Im going to go back there in the day time, and get a better idea of how to get there at night... then try again this weekend or next week.