Home Sports Talk
Options

How long is Tony K's contract

He is just awful, hopefully its 1 year and done.

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me miss Dennis Miller more & more. Korny is dreadful.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fans don't need to hear about what HIS fantasy players are doing every five seconds.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    Why do people say he's awful?

I think he's great...a refreshing change of the 'know it alls' who pervade so many broadcasts.

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Why do people say he's awful?

I think he's great...a refreshing change of the 'know it alls' who pervade so many broadcasts. >>

You can't possibly feel this way.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I guess it's because I find his style of broadcasting so different, so unique?

I hear people say 'he's awful' or 'he's terrible' but don't say why they feel this way. Is it because he asks questions a good percentage of the population is probably asking? Just now, on the bogus roughing the passer penalty, he is asking what I am sure most everyone is asking as well 'how can that be a penalty?'

I don't know...he's got a unique style to his broadcast, and he keeps Theismann in check which is always a good thing too.
  • Options

<< <i>I don't know...he's got a unique style to his broadcast, and he keeps Theismann in check which is always a good thing too. >>

That is for sure. I liked him on PTI but I don't think that type of comentary is appropriate on MNF.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>I also like him on PT, but he is just downright awful for MNF. He makes me yearn for Dan Deirdorff.

On a somewhat related note, Troy Aikman is becoming one of the very best announcers in my opinion. >>

I usually like Troy, but he shows his bias pro or against teams too much IMO.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I also like him on PT, but he is just downright awful for MNF. He makes me yearn for Dan Deirdorff.

On a somewhat related note, Troy Aikman is becoming one of the very best announcers in my opinion. >>

The Dan Dierdorf/ Al Michaels booth was second only to the Cosell/Meredith booth IMO when it came to quality MNF broadcast teams. I know a lot of people dog on Dierdorf, but I always thought he was fantastic.
  • Options
    i personally enjoy Tony and Mike and even Joe hasnt been "awful" by his standards. Anything is better than Madden and Michaels-I didnt want to watch Sunday Night becuz of Madden- "What they gotta do here is get a touchdown or a field goal to respond"- yea no kidding pal.
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my remote has a volume button, I feel free to use it. I suggest others consider this option. Do announcers generally say anything useful during nationally-televised games?
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have to say that the only thing that has bothered me about Kornheiser is hearing about his fantasy teams. Other than that he is different, which is what they were going for I think.

But some would not consider my opinion because I thought Dierdorf was very good, too.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    JIMMY KIMMEL will be filling his place next year...its already done from what i hear....
  • Options

<< <i>JIMMY KIMMEL will be filling his place next year...its already done from what i hear.... >>

Good god why does this guy have a career? He's absolutely awful. He's unimaginative, he's a boor, he just sucks.

I really hope this isn't true.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>JIMMY KIMMEL will be filling his place next year...its already done from what i hear.... >>

Good god why does this guy have a career? He's absolutely awful. He's unimaginative, he's a boor, he just sucks.

I really hope this isn't true. >>

hes better than kornhieser.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

That would be awesome image

Hope he brings his cousin Sal on every week image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Who watches Kimmel, when you have superior programming at every turn in late night? Letterman, Ferguson, and Conan are all vastly better than this clown...saying you'd prefer Kimmel over Kornheiser speaks volumes about one's intelligence.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who watches Kimmel, when you have superior programming at every turn in late night? Letterman, Ferguson, and Conan are all vastly better than this clown...saying you'd prefer Kimmel over Kornheiser speaks volumes about one's intelligence. >>

Oh yea Letterman, Ferguson and Conan...that's "superior programming" - always great to know the latest on who Tom Cruise is doing this month and how much weight Kirstie Alley has gained or lost.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who watches Kimmel, when you have superior programming at every turn in late night? Letterman, Ferguson, and Conan are all vastly better than this clown...saying you'd prefer Kimmel over Kornheiser speaks volumes about one's intelligence. >>

Well the no-flaming rule sure didn't last long with you.

Liking a comedian "speaks volumes about one's intelligence"?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>
    Well the no-flaming rule sure didn't last long with you.
    >>

No one's flaming, but someone who likes this clown is obviously someone who thought 'the man show' was quality programming, and is a mouth breathing heathen. Look at the demos and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

<< <i>Liking a comedian "speaks volumes about one's intelligence"? >>

Absolutely. Sorry you feel left out.