Link to my Registry Half Dollars now Photographed by P8nt

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Wow, those are awesome coins.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome set. Awesome images. Congrats to you both!
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Glenn,

Nice to see the whole set imaged and done so with good quality and uniform technique.

I do still miss a few of those beauties including the proof-like 99-O and the 09-S.

Congrats on being already 1/2 of the way through.

Dr. Pete
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Glenn. Give Ben a pat on the back from me. I can see why the 1912 is one of your favorites. That type of tone is stunning.

Cheers.

Ken
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone.

Dr. Pete, it's an honor to have your 99-O and 09-S in my set and to be the custodian of such incredible coins for awhile. Those two along with the 92-S and 96-O all have PL surfaces and my guess is NGC would give at least 2 and possibly all 4 a PL desgnation. Maybe PCGS will catch on to it someday and do the same. Hint, hint, PCGS! I also want to thank you for being my Barber Half mentor. I have learned so much from you over the past year + with what you have shared with me. You are a special guy for sure.

Ken, I gave Ben that pat on the back when he returned the halves but I have to say he has really grown into a fine photographer. I think he did a great job of accurately capturing the look of each one just as Dr. Pete stated.

It's a great feeling to have made a lot of progress but it will be slowing down for sure with some toughies still to work on like the 04-S, 1913 - 1915-P's, and the 1900-1902-"O's" with decent strikes. But the quest will go on and some day I will get there.

Thanks again.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking over your Barber halves, great work by the way but I couldn't help thinking how a guy can spend years putting a set together or days getting the pictures right and it only takes a few minutes to look through the collection. Good luck with your endeaver in completing the set.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    p8ntp8nt Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭
    Glenn, it was a great honor and privilege to photograph your wonderful set. I only wish I had more than the few hours time with the coins. Thanks for allowing me to photograph them!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Glenn, it was a great honor and privilege to photograph your wonderful set. I only wish I had more than the few hours time with the coins. Thanks for allowing me to photograph them! >>

Fantastic job on those photos!! No "PCGS" logos cluttering up the background either!!