Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I don't get it.

We've currently got this item on eBay. I picked it up at the Baltimore show because I thought it was pretty cool. Seems to be a WWI Trench Art Dog Tag of sorts. The counter on the webpage has logged almost 1000 hits, but there's only 4 bids for a measly 36 bucks and 9 watchers. I wonder what's going on. Most of our stuff usually only gets 50-100 hits on the counter during an auction. Perhaps this item is being discussed somewhere on a high volume message board or something? Has anyone seen this item on a different board/newsgroup? I'd like to see what's being said about it.

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.

Comments

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your theories may be correct, but there was a similar thread on the US Coin forum with a few opinions of how the counters are wrong sometimes on eBay.

US Forum Crazy Counter Thread
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had that happen to one of my auctions a while back. An item that I expected to be of minimal interest and it got over 10,000 hits with over 100 people watching the auction. I expected to get some good last minute bids on the item. Didn't work out that way though. I barely got what I was into it for lol.
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I know these coins are really hot currently with collectors and in all honesty, I'm glad to pick them up when I can. They're for the most part affordable (if you get 'em at a show) and are greatly attractive pieces. One like the one in the link is even more attractive and historically fun. I can very well see the item getting a lot of hits, but not of the volume you mentioned. I don't know of any forums that would be hosting a discussion on it, except for one of the many militaria forums. Regardless Civitas, you've got a great collection of items on eBay right now. They are truly beautiful.
    Scott Hopkins
    -YN Currently Collecting & Researching Colonial World Coins, Especially Spanish Coins, With a Great Interest in WWII Militaria.

My Ebay!