Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Help with a Peckinpaugh and McCarthy

I posted a while ago asking for some help, but still have not had much luck.

I need to find a Roger Peckinpaugh and a Joe McCarthy card to complete a set. My preference is for a Crackerjack Peckinpaugh, and the 1936 Widepen McCarthy, however Im open to alternatives at this point. If you are selling, or know anyone selling either of these cards Id be very appreciative if you could let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've got an extra McCarthy-Dimaggio Wide Pen, pretty low grade due to something on the back (paste I think, but I'll check). If you have any interest turn on your im's and I'll get you a scan.
    Good choice on the Peckinpaugh, it's the nicest image in the set IMO.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Griffins,

Thanks! I just turned them on...didnt realzie they were off. Id love to see a scan of that card. As for the Peckinpaugh, I agree, its a great looking card which is probably why its so hard to find. Im trying to put together a set of all Yankee managers, and that card has been by far the most difficult to track down.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    CJ's have all but dried up in the last 2 years. Peckinpaugh is tough because he's horizontal, some people collect only horizontal cards and the CJ's that are always go for much more. I've only seen 2 in the last year- but one of those was last month, on ebay.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Yeah, unfortunately you are correct about the horizontal nature of the card making it more in demand. Thats a great looking sample of it that you have there, Im jealous. If you ever get tired of looking at it and want to get rid of it, just let me know. image