Home Sports Talk
Options

Patriots Win!!

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Be sure to send Lovie Smith a Christmas card.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that game too. Liked most of it. Some questionable calls/noncalls, but hard-fought on both sides.
  • Options
    It was an ugly game, for both teams. Bad calls, no calls.. but ultimately, the Pats pull out another win image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was an ugly game, for both teams. Bad calls, no calls.. but ultimately, the Pats pull out another win image >>

Not bad, overcoming 5 turnovers and a HORRID 45 yard pass interference call that gave the Bears the tying touchdown.
  • Options
    A hard fought game. Some horrendous calls by the officials. As in baseball, the team who gets
    stronger as the season goes on usually wins out.
    give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Zebras have been bad all year long, wake up!

Good Win by the patsies this week. They look strong. Maroney is a beast.

JS
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    The two best teams in the NFL went at it tonight, looked like a lot of big hits on the field from both sides (Seau had his arm broken, looked like he was in serious pain). Could that have been a Super Bowl preview?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The two best teams in the NFL went at it tonight, looked like a lot of big hits on the field from both sides (Seau had his arm broken, looked like he was in serious pain). Could that have been a Super Bowl preview? >>

if the Patriots don't have to go through Denver AND actually show up against Indy, then perhaps it could be. Haven't watched much Baltimore this year, but I understand they are quite the team
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Denver doesn't worry me - they are going to Cutler as of next week, and he'll need some time to get up to speed. The Colts are the Colts - great regular season, and choke-city in the playoffs. But, the Ravens looked tough today, they spanked Pittsburgh pretty good.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It was an ugly game, for both teams. Bad calls, no calls.. but ultimately, the Pats pull out another win image >>

Not bad, overcoming 5 turnovers and a HORRID 45 yard pass interference call that gave the Bears the tying touchdown. >>

What a joke. That was a good call. I think the commentators should not comment on this stuff because it makes people who don't know football think they know what they are talking about.

There were 2 terrible no calls that went towards the Pats in the first half.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not bad, overcoming 5 turnovers and a HORRID 45 yard pass interference call that gave the Bears the tying touchdown. >>

What a joke. That was a good call. I think the commentators should not comment on this stuff because it makes people who don't know football think they know what they are talking about.

There were 2 terrible no calls that went towards the Pats in the first half. >>

On both of those calls the DB was looking back towards the ball, so I don't see how you can say they were good calls.

That said, there was one play where Berian got mugged and the refs didn't toss a flag.
  • Options

<< <i>The two best teams in the NFL went at it tonight, looked like a lot of big hits on the field from both sides (Seau had his arm broken, looked like he was in serious pain). Could that have been a Super Bowl preview? >>

Right. The two best teams.

Congratulations to the Pats for finally beating a team with a winning record.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

There were 2 terrible no calls that went towards the Pats in the first half. >>

On both of those calls the DB was looking back towards the ball, so I don't see how you can say they were good calls.

That said, there was one play where Berian got mugged and the refs didn't toss a flag. >>

Actually, on one of them, Aikmen said he looked back for the ball. But not before he stuck his arm up and made contact with Berrians face.

Either way, the Bears gave the game away. 5 takeaways and the let them off the hook. The Patriots are who we thought they were. Thats why we took the field. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a joke. That was a good call. I think the commentators should not comment on this stuff because it makes people who don't know football think they know what they are talking about.

>>

Please. If these calls were reviewable, it would have been changed to OFFENSIVE pass interference. The Pats DB had the better angle on the ball, and the Bears WR was the one doing the pushing.

The second one WAS pass interference on the Pats IMO.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What a joke. That was a good call. I think the commentators should not comment on this stuff because it makes people who don't know football think they know what they are talking about.

>>

Please. If these calls were reviewable, it would have been changed to OFFENSIVE pass interference. The Pats DB had the better angle on the ball, and the Bears WR was the one doing the pushing.

The second one WAS pass interference on the Pats IMO. >>

Please?

Learn some football.

edited to add: The Pats won, regardless of all the "calls." Be happy, not a ref hater. It's very unbecoming of the winning side.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Right. The two best teams.

Congratulations to the Pats for finally beating a team with a winning record. >>

Excellent point and this was brought up a few weeks ago on this board. New England will be what they are under Belicheck. Tough. However, Not one of the best two teams in football at this point. Talk about weak skeds..... the Pats hit the lottery in that department.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Talk about weak skeds..... the Pats hit the lottery in that department. >>

Poetic justice, this makes up for them having one of the toughest last year.

Anyway, that was a very brutal game last night. There were a lot o turn-overs, but they some of the most brutally forced turn-overs I've seen all year long. I'm not sure I would qualify half of them as "mistakes". That one hit that Maroney took when he fumbled, I thought anyone would have lost the ball on that one.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huge win for us!