Home Metal Detecting
Options

I'm hooked!

Finally got out this weekend with my detector (have had it for months).

Searched for an hour and found nothing. Realized I had the wrong settings. Reset the machine and immediately started finding coins.

I only had enough light to find a penny and a nickel. It was enough to hook me to this hobby.

The posts in this forum have really kept me interested in detecting.
Mark

Comments

• Options
    haha i've done THAT before.
  • Options

<< <i>Searched for an hour and found nothing. Realized I had the wrong settings. Reset the machine and immediately started finding coins. >>

I've done the same! I hate it when that happens.image
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087

<< <i>Realized I had the wrong settings. >>

IDX only has three knobs, but around once a week I'll look down and find my sensitivity turned down so low I'd be lucky to find a silver dollar at an inch. If it didn't double as the on/off switch I'd epoxy it at max.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now go out and get your first Wheatie!

Then the first silver coin.

Then the first one from the 1800s (you might cross this and the previous milestone with a single find).

Set "baby steps" goals for fun. Even if you don't get what you're aimin' for, sometimes what does turn up is even more fun.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    MJPHELANMJPHELAN Posts: 760 ✭✭✭
    The biggest thrill early on is finding something others cannot see. It's funny, I may not pick up a penny on the street, but I am happy to dig one up!
    Mark
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I pick up pennies on the street.
    I figure all the work I put into digging one up I'm dang sure gonna grab the easy ones. image