Sat, Sep 30 Purdue W 35-21 --
Sat, Oct 7 Stanford W 31-10 --
Sat, Oct 21 UCLA W 20-17 --
Sat, Oct 28 at Navy W 38-14 --
Sat, Nov 4 North Carolina W 45-26 --
Sat, Nov 11 at Air Force W 39-17 --
Sat, Nov 18 Army W 41-9 --
Sat, Nov 25 at (3) USC L 24-44 --

i hope they don't get a bcs game because they are a overhyped team like nobodies business. I do not want to see michigan beat them by 20 again.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    They could have lost to GT. They should have lost to MSU and UCLA had their coaches and team not melted down. They played all the service academies.
  • Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
    They haven't beaten anyone since Weiss has shown up, yet they get ranked over and over and over again.

USC has beaten them in 5 straight appearances.
  • Options
    Notre Dame was ranked so high, because they are the media child. The media talks them up and does whatever it can to make them appear better than they are.........other examples...........the New York Yankees, Michael Vick, the SEC and Michelle Wie!!
  • Options
    It was so funny last night watching Lou Holtz sitting there on the ESPN set with nothing to say! I'm surprised that he didn't start with his Brady Quinn for Heisman speech! He really shouldn't be brought back next year by ESPN..he thinks that he's still on Notre Dame's payroll.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of buzz around Boise State possibly going to a BCS bowl. Even Rutgers should go ahead of ND.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It was so funny last night watching Lou Holtz sitting there on the ESPN set with nothing to say! I'm surprised that he didn't start with his Brady Quinn for Heisman speech! He really shouldn't be brought back next year by ESPN..he thinks that he's still on Notre Dame's payroll. >>

Holtz is terrible -- can't they find anyone better?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup, ND is a darling of the college football world. If they played high school teams and were 10-0, they'd be highly ranked. That's the way it is, has been, and will be. Fortunately, they get to play a good team or two each year that helps to reveal ND's true nature.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I don't know who the annoying schmucks were that were announcing the game last nite other than Dr. Obvious Herbstreit......

but that one guy, when the score was 28-10 or something was boasting about Brady Quinn and how he does it all and how the NFL scouts are watching him do it all tonite, running, passing, etc....

He neglected to mention at the time that he was also LOSING very well too.

The guy does NO wrong according to the media.

Is he a democrat or something?
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ND had a decent season. Even though they should probably not be ranked AS HIGH, they lost by 20 to a good USC team because they failed to cash in turnovers... and Michigan crushed them because they cashed in on ND turnovers. ND deserves a BCS invite but against the ACC winner. Let Michigan play Florida (should they win) in the Rosebowl and put USC against OSU

Flame away...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know who the annoying schmucks were that were announcing the game last nite other than Dr. Obvious Herbstreit......

but that one guy, when the score was 28-10 or something was boasting about Brady Quinn and how he does it all and how the NFL scouts are watching him do it all tonite, running, passing, etc....

He neglected to mention at the time that he was also LOSING very well too.

The guy does NO wrong according to the media.

Is he a democrat or something? >>

A lot of steelheader in you Goose, I am I have to say surprised. Home town boy got away, will be a much better NFL player than Smith and you know it. To call him a queen and a bench sitter in the NFL like you did in another thread is beneath you. Just another fan jealous of ND. Where were when ESPND did the media overload on OSU vs Mich. You must of been lapping it up. And unlike Smith who by the way would have been kicked out of ND for what he did got the chance at OSU to win a Heisman. Keerist you team is one win away from a National Champ and have a sure fire Hesiman, let the ND hate go and enjoy. You surprise me man and shame on your comments about you Ohio boy, Quinn, he is a fine young man and you should be proud of him.
  • Options
    Quinn will look good in silver and black next year! I know that the Raider's offensive line has been nothing short of offensive, but Mr. Walter is almost as bad as Collins was the past couple of years! It's hard to make it in the NFL these days without a hint of mobility.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    WTF are you smoking/talking about IM?

You must be confused or something. I've stated on here that Quinn will easily be taken before Smith.

I hate the media and their neverending asskissing of ND, Weiss, and Quinn. It's old and tiring. As far as calling him a queen? I must have missed where I typed that. I expect the commentators to talk about the players on each team and each team's star players a bit more such as Quinn and their excellent receiver but they don't know when to quit and they look ridiculous when they continue their boasting about him when his team is getting manhandled.

Yes I do predict he will be a bust in the NFL. Big deal. Many of these overhyped players end up that way. If he fairs well, then congrats and more power to him. I do think he'll do better than Smith and that Smith may have to switch positions or something to make it in the NFL.....to what? I have no clue.

As far as the media.....they treat them the same as they did the White Sox and especially Ozzie Guillen in 2005. They showed his mug more than they did the actual games and all they did was talk about him, etc....

• Options
    quinn will be awful unless weiss follows him to the nfl. Quinn wasn't doing squat until weiss came...
  • Options
    Weis wouldn't look bad in silver and black either. As much as I loved Art as a player, he and his offensive coordinator seem very unimaginative! The defense however, looks awesome these days!
  • Options

<< <i>Weis wouldn't look bad in silver and black either. As much as I loved Art as a player, he and his offensive coordinator seem very unimaginative! The defense however, looks awesome these days! >>

anybody looks better than art. Weis would be a semi god here.