Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Memory Lane Catalog

I just wantd to ask, has anyone received a catalong for the Memory Lane auction?

I know it is an online auction, but I always like to have a catalog to page through as well.

Thanks
Rob Ruth

Comments

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I've received two copies for what it's worth. Not sure why.
  • Options
    Received mine yesterday.
    Collecting Nolan Ryan Master, 1968 Basic, and WHA, as well as unused and authentic tickets from 60s-70s rock concerts.
  • Options
    I also received two copies......I always have received two and I always get two emails from them as well. I only have one mailing address and one email address. Don't know why.

Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    I recieved two copies as well.... I didn't request that did you guys?
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    I received my copy on Friday.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I also received two copies......I always have received two and I always get two emails from them as well. I only have one mailing address and one email address. Don't know why.

Dan >>

Only 2? I must get 25 during the course of the auction. And once it's over they start spamming for consignments.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    They have such nice material in their auctions! But the writing makes it seem like it's Don West pitching you! They are in dire need of an upgrade to the writing of their lot descriptions!

Buy this!
    You need this!
    Bid strong!
    Win it!

Makes me want to get on that 800 number and dial till my fingers burn off!

Help!
  • Options
    I got a promo piece in the mail last week (the Wagner and Mantle on display at a card show), no catalog though.

Any guesses on the Wagner? Its a stunning piece.
  • Options
    any restored cards in there Anthony? image
    live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    I got two copies last week as well and if anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll send it to you

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I agree about their copy writer, it is pretty awful. Me and my dad chuckled while reading the catalog all the way home from Chicago.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    2 copies here also.Unfortunatley out of my financial ability.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Well, at least the copywriter has a sense of humor. Check out page 88, lot 641, Pete Rose rookie card. "I'm sorry I had so many hits". Too funny!
  • Options
    I'm suprised at some of the spelling mistakes they make. They've got a couple thousand dollars worth of "Tatoo Orbits" for auction.

The diamond cut on the Branca Mantle would bother me alot (esp for the money). But don't forget...bid strong!!
  • Options
    Unfortunately I got it today. Very little football and all high end. When is anyone going to sell mid grade football 6's and 7's? Not everyone can afford 8's and 9's......
  • Options
    Haven't received the Memory Lane catalog, but just got my American Memorabilia "Holiday Gift Auction" catalog. Only leafed through about half of it up to this point and see lots of bats and jerseys so far. Hope to catch some nice cards in there at some point.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    nope haven't recieved mine either, but I always get it late anyways around a week before the auction ends and I live the closest to them in Irvine. hmmmm.....?image
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    A lot of catalogs are mailed from the printer or mailing house, rather then from the end client. Saves money, especially if sales tax is involved. And a lot of printers are in the midwest, so it takes longer, especially at this time of year.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of catalogs are mailed from the printer or mailing house, rather then from the end client. Saves money, especially if sales tax is involved. And a lot of printers are in the midwest, so it takes longer, especially at this time of year. >>

...and a lot of printers charge by the piece, thus the 2 copies mailed out to everyone. I got my 2 copies in the mail last week too.
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options

<< <i>and a lot of printers charge by the piece, thus the 2 copies mailed out to everyone. I got my 2 copies in the mail last week too. >>

I'll bet they maintain a house list of registered bidders and then supplement it with rented lists from SCD or other auction houses, and didn't merge/purge the 2 together. Sloppy and costly.

• Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I just signed up for Memory Lane a couple weeks ago, the only other auction house I'm registered with is Heritage. Received my 2nd Holy Grail catalog yesterday. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    How about this - I got two copies as well, in the mail today.
  • Options
    Finally got it today.

The cover reminds me of "Indiana Jones and the search for the grail".....ML has evidently got the grail.

• Options
    I only got one copy! image
  • Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    2 copies here. Great stuff but all the gushy commentary makes me want to puke! Gotta own it!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    Received my copy a few days ago. I've got to agree with whoever pointed out the spelling and gramatical errors. For a catalogue that's supposed to pull in millions of dollars in bids you would think they could run a spell check or have someone that knows how to read slabs write up the commentaries.

Only saw 3 boxing cards in the whole thing image No love for the red-headed stepchild of sports cards.

Arthur
  • Options
    third copy came today!

live each day like it's your last but don't count on it!
  • Options
    no way, your not serious...THREE COPIES?????
  • Options
    Oh, my God!

I actually found a sentence in the catalog that does not end with an exclamation point!

Page 73 - Lot 505!

I cannot believe my eyes!

Guess the copywriter was due for another hit of meth...
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>I've received two copies for what it's worth. Not sure why. >>

Just a heads-up, if u are registed with SCP, u may receive a second catalogue!

rd

edit: Three Memory Lane catalogs? image

• Options
    Seems like you get on their list once you're there for good, complete with "last chance to bid" emails even if you haven't even
    browsed the auction
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    I got my third copy yesterday. I was compelled to make 3 bids.
    TWINRON
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    I got three copies on the same day. My wife is in publishing, and she gasped when she saw them. I guess they wasted a lot of money.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Arch...since your wife is in publishing, I take it she gasped at the quality of the writing in the catalog?
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 copies, 3 copies, 10 copies.....What difference does it make, you are more than paying for them with the buyers premium!! Good luck to all!!!
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Yay! got mine finally!!!

However looking through it, nothing really I want at the moment that I can afford.

We'll anyways will make great bathroom reading!

Jery
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!