Home Sports Talk
Options

grote, stown, wp....a word, please

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Listen, I'll make a deal with you, to save this forum:

just stop. stop the bickering, stop the barbs that have no place whatsoever (perfect example? grote flaming away the bucs in the ND/USC thread).

stop the polls...stown, this is for you. you just need to stop them. They serve no purpose other than to show just how petty you are.

stop trying to insult my car...or my camera...or my job.

stop with the petty bickering that has come to epitomize every one of your posts.

I, in return, will stop bashing your teams. If a thread is formed discussing game issues, and its relevant, I will comment. Name calling will cease.

Now, let's see if you 3 can man up and accept the challenge.

Going forward, I am done sparring with you 3.

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it highly ironic that the one common denominator in ALL of the bickering (whether it be with me, wp, stown, yankeeno, bri, etc.) is YOU, the one who's trying to ride the high horse here. I find that hypocritical (ring a bell?) and downright comical, but I will take you up on your offer & see what becomes of it, though everyone here has already demonstrated most clearly during the week that you were unable to post here that this board can be an enjoyable place to visit without all this nonsense. I just don't think you have the ability to restrain yourself from flaming on here, but time will tell.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Good for both of you, now if we can get some others to agree. image
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why but this thread reminds me sort of like the Israelis and Palestinians negotiating for peace. image

Hey, but nothing is impossible. Except for a Philly team ever winning another championship in my lifetime. image
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not sure why but this thread reminds me sort of like the Israelis and Palestinians negotiating for peace. image

Hey, but nothing is impossible. Except for a Philly team ever winning another championship in my lifetime. image >>

Yeah but.........gives you something to long for and to look forward too. image Cheer up most of my family is diehard Cub fans. My brother has been living and dying for them since we saw Warren Spahn pitch for Milwaukee at Wrigley. image
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Unreal.

3 weeks ago I created a thread and asked for us to all step back and start over.

you replied for me to get lost. that my threaqd was a crock of ....

you went away for a week and upon your return you bashed us!
    you created a sig line that you had to know would elicit replies.

as for your car i suggest you re read the threads regarding it and you will see that it was not the 3 of us that started. I won't say who did.

Stown a has not made a poll regarding you in ages. And he was not the only person that had. Why you insist on centering this crap on the 3 of us is unreal. at last count I saw 40 some odd folks that could not stand you. This post should have been directed at the forum at large, like mine did, with no specific names mentioned.

Speaking only for myself I have not STARTED with you. I have simply replied to your use of my name in posts. And the few times i did reply specifically to you it was w/o flaming.

The only person here that needs to 'man up' as you like to say is you. Perhaps if you become civil the rest will all fall into place.

Nice try Axhole. With this thread you are attempting to portray yourself as some sort of victim. No one is buying it.

Why you continued to use me in your posts, threads and sig lines
    (and the other 2 guys) when I count at least 10 others that post regarding you is laughable.

Stop putting the blame on everyone else. The blame here rests squarely on your shoulders.

You live in a dream world buddy.

You want the bickering to stop? STOP including me in your childish posts. Stop going back and forth with Stown, Stop acting like a fool. Stop calling people NAMES.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stop the polls...stown, this is for you. you just need to stop them. They serve no purpose other than to show just how petty you are.

stop trying to insult my car...or my camera...or my job.

stop with the petty bickering that has come to epitomize every one of your posts. >>

This is a perfect example of what you do. Calling me petty numerous times yet act like you are extending an olive branch.

YOU should admit when you are wrong. YOU should stop creating threads bashing teams. YOU need to stop insulting people. YOU need to start having civilized conversations and not threatening physical violence (and in some cases, death).

You are acting like the innocent one. Please, show me all of the threads that had "axtell" in the title, which you accused me of. There were a WHOPPING total of 2: Why you wanted me banned and who didn't like you. BOTH polls showed a large MAJORITY of people know that YOU are the instigator. This thread alone shows what a hypocrite you are. How many have you created bashing teams, calling posters names, and instigating flame wars? Bet my bottom dollar you have more than all of us combined.

If you honestly believe that every single one of my posts are bashing you, as I said before, you have major mental issues.

Let's see how long you can keep this up because I'm positive it won't last long. Don't rejoice in other teams loses, don't call people names, don't insult people.

If you are a man of your word, don't even bother responding to this post. End it right here and right now.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image It will only be a matter of time before shots are fired.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike - I actually would like to see the Cubbies win a World Series. Hopefully though it won't be at the expense of my Phillies.
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>grote, stown, wp....a word, please >>

That word, apparently, is "hypocrite".

<< <i>man up >>

Damn near made me squirt Coke out my nose.
    This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.