Home Sports Talk
Options

USC vs ND

so far 14-0

Comments

• Options
    Someones a little overrated.
  • Options
    LMAO... someones overrated? Didnt know stuff like that can be decided in the 1st quarter...lmao
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>LMAO... someones overrated? Didnt know stuff like that can be decided in the 1st quarter...lmao >>

True. No one's luckier in the fourth quarter than ND. Ask Michigan State and UCLA.
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Looks like USC has been watching tape of the ND-Michigan State game now.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irish got to #6 by smoke and mirrors and a full slate of games against military academies. This score is no surprise but Michigan is still better than USC, IMO. I understand, however, that OSU vs USC will be the game the public wants to see & I can't argue with that matchup.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    USC don't look all that great though. #42 is standing out on the USC defensive but the offense is not impressive. Gotta pull for ND.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    UCLA should beat the Trojans. Why can't we see OSU v Boise State image
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Boise State

They just don't have the strength of schedule to justify playing for a national championship.

A BCS berth would be nice for them, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Strength of schedule --- This is something that really gets my goat when it comes to college sports. If the perceived better teams never schedule a Boise State (just an example) for fear of losing to them how can the Bosie States of the universe ever get the strength of schedule? I'd love to see them get a chance in a bowl game to punk the big ten
  • Options
    Strength of schedule --- This is something that really gets my goat when it comes to college sports. If the perceived better teams never schedule a Boise State (just an example) for fear of losing to them how can the Bosie States of the universe ever get the strength of schedule? I'd love to see them get a chance in a bowl game to punk the big ten

I can understand your point, but truth be told, if Boise State had to play a schedule like Michigan or USC, they'd be lucky to be .500. I mean look at their schedule this year--they didn't play even ONE ranked team all year.

Edit: Hawaii is ranked #25, my bad, though I don't believe they were ranked when Boise St. played them earlier this year..

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>USC don't look all that great though. #42 is standing out on the USC defensive but the offense is not impressive. Gotta pull for ND. >>

The offense is not impressive?

/chuckle

Uhm, ok.

USC rolls over an overrated ND team on to UCLA and to OSU for yet another national title game. Has there been a program in recent memory with a more dominant and impressive 5 year stretch than USC's current run?

Also, I hear on the telecast tonight, that they are starting just one senior on offense and 3 on defense (might be the other way around), so it looks like this squad will be even more dominant next year, too.

One last thing: who has ND beat in the last 2 years? I mean, honestly? Have they beaten a quality opponent? How are these guys ranked #6?
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn"t speed great to watch on the college football field ? Very young speed also.

Corso, ESPN Dip Scit, said USC was in trouble during the half. Is this guy senile or what ? Other so called TV experts were doing the back step shuffle also. Where do these clowns come from ?

Ken
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Dwayne Jarrett is impressive.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Yawie ... Jarret would look good in a Rams uni!! Bruce can't play forever
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    That would be awesome. They definitely need to be thinking about a replacement for Bruce.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I was thinking he'd look better in a Bucs uni image

• Options
    I was thinking he'd look better in a Bucs uni

Bucs suck, so he'd have to be crazy to play for that sad offense.

• Options

<< <i> I was thinking he'd look better in a Bucs uni

Bucs suck, so he'd have to be crazy to play for that sad offense. >>

People call me inflammatory?

A great win to silence all the haters about USC not being worthy of another national title game...they showed dominance on both sides of the ball tonight.

• Options
    People call me inflammatory?

Most people call you an ignorant idiot, truth be told.

• Options
    USC is peaking at just the right time....they are so balanced on both sides of the ball I see them giving OSU a really, really great game.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    They took us to the woodshed, goes to show you how important playmakers are, even though the stats were even they had the talent edge by far. It's scary how young they are. Did you hear the comment by Jarrett after the game ND dropped him because he didn't have the grades to get in. Same with a lot of their players.

grote give up the schedule arguement, for years they played one of the toughest schedules in the country. This year they beat Penn State, going to a bowl in a blowout, Purdue in a blowout, another bowl team, Navy who will be a 9 victory team and a bowl team, Air Force who lost by one point at Tennessee, beat Ga Tech who is playing for their conference title, UCLA who just beat Arizona State and Oregon State.

Who the heck has OSU played besides Michigan and a 3 loss Texas team. Oh yeah Penn State 28-6, a team ND beat 41-17. Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Bowling Green, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Iowa and Cincinnati are exactly teams that shook up the college football world this year. Ditto for Michigan who like Auburn a few years ago didn't play a tough enough schedule.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who the heck has OSU played besides Michigan and a 3 loss Texas team. Oh yeah Penn State 28-6, a team ND beat 41-17. Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Bowling Green, Northwestern, Northern Illinois, Iowa and Cincinnati are exactly teams that shook up the college football world this year. Ditto for Michigan who like Auburn a few years ago didn't play a tough enough schedule. >>

Not to be difficult... but did you mean are NOT exactly teams that shook up the college football world this year?image

OSU is still the best time this year

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    LOL actually I edited out not, I was trying to be funny. OSU could be the best team in the country this year or Michigan or SC or even Fl, we will find out. I have no opinion as to whether OSU and Michigan did the right thing with their schedules, as long as they don't lose a game in the regular season it works out. However with a less than robust schedule you can find yourself in the Auburn situation, hurt by the BCS computer program.
  • Options

SC looked scary last night! Before the game I wouldn't have given the Trojans much of a shot at beating OSU, but after watching them destroy ND..I don't know. The overall speed of their defense was very impressive, and with playmakers that are only getting better with each game.. I'd say OSU -2.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ND needed to get points off the turnovers in the second quarter. They had opportunities and did not take advantage of them. One blocked punt and 2 interceptions and only one touchdown... that does not add up to a win against a team like USC... the Oregon State game illustrates my point

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    44-24 trumping. Did ND beat anyone worthwhile this year. That qb they have is overrated and part of the system.
  • Options

<< <i>44-24 trumping. Did ND beat anyone worthwhile this year. That qb they have is overrated and part of the system. >>

Moss what are you about 12?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>44-24 trumping. Did ND beat anyone worthwhile this year. That qb they have is overrated and part of the system. >>

Moss what are you about 12? >>

nope 11....

ND is awful can't believe we have to see them in a bcs. Might as well bring navy so they can win the damn game.