Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Getting Frustrated On My 1971 Topps Set

Man I am so close to finishing this set I can taste it. I want to finish it. I need just a few cards: 233, 258 and 346. I can't even find PSA 7s of these cards. Will I ever finish? It sure does not seem like it!

Comments

• Options
    BugOnTheRugBugOnTheRug Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there; you'll make it. I was able to complete my registry set with a cold-call out of nowhere. If it can happen to me it can happen to you as well.

Hang tough fella!
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Something that you may want to consider...

A couple years ago, I received a cold call from someone on the 71 registry who was closing in on completion. He asked about 6 cards that I had in my set that he needed and he hadn't seen any progress on my set in several years. Well - we haggled, we bargained and in the end, he got his 6 cards for cash and some 72 upgrades that I needed.

So, you may want to check out sets farther down on the list to see if you can find what you need. Its worth a shot.

Frank
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Completing the '71 set in n/m raw form is quite a task..trying to do it in 7+ graded is like winning the Presidency! I'm over 200 cards away from completing my raw set, and submit about 15-20 per month. I may be retired by the time I'm done!
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Would you guys consider this set the most difficult, (in terms of condition), of Topps sets, or would that be the '62?