Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Question: Identifying US made Darkside

Is there a comprehensive listing anywhere of all the foreign coins that have been made in the United States by the US Mint? I know we've done this with many nations but have know idea where to look.

Help? image

Comments

• Options
    StrikeOutXXXStrikeOutXXX Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there a comprehensive listing anywhere of all the foreign coins that have been made in the United States by the US Mint? I know we've done this with many nations but have know idea where to look.

Help? image >>

Here you go.

List of all foreign coins minted by US Mint
    ------------------------------------------------------------

"You Suck Award" - February, 2015

Discoverer of 1919 Mercury Dime DDO - FS-101
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I was actully pointed to that site by another collector but didn't see that database image
  • Options
    Altz & Barton Foreign Coins Struckat United Stdates Mints
    "It is good for the state that the people do not think."

Adolf Hitler
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed- thanks for the link!

BigAlan- is that an older publication?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>Indeed- thanks for the link!

BigAlan- is that an older publication? >>

I have this publication (1964 & 1965 Copyright) published by Whitman.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I got some 1944 Allied Occupation issue Belgian francs that were struck in Philadelphia on leftover steel cent planchets, it occurred to me that a type set of Darkside coins made at the US mints might be interesting.

Of course, if one throws Scovill and the Franklin Mint into the mix, you've got even more world coins that were struck in the USA, though not at the US Mint.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool link, and source of a potential collecting theme!

Cathy