Home Sports Talk
Options

UT falls (again), this time to Texas A&M

AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭
Pathetic

This is a team that was supposed to contend for a title this year, but goes out and loses THREE games?

hah. Pathetic.

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    To me, this just casts a bit more doubt about everyone's assertion that Ohio State and Michigan are "clearly" the best two teams in the nation. At one point the Texas win on the road looked pretty impressive. Now I'm back to asking, who (or is it whom) has OSU beaten this year? Let me be clear, I'm not saying Ohio State isn't the best team. I'm just not so sure they're unbeatable.
  • Options
    whoooooaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! GIG EM" AGGIES!! WHOOP!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>whoooooaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!! GIG EM" AGGIES!! WHOOP!!!! >>

Love it.

Overrated and one hit wonder UT likely blew any chance they had at a BCS bowl...costing their program millions.

Good work, boys!
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to attempting to start another flame war. Sorry to say but you failed, as usual image

To the Aggies, congrats on the victory. First time in like 80 something games that UT has loss back-to-back (was leading in NCAA and pros).

Good game image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats to attempting to start another flame war. Sorry to say but you failed, as usual image >>

No one's attempting anything...simply posting a factual story...sorry 'your' team lost THREE games this year.

<< <i>To the Aggies, congrats on the victory. First time in like 80 something games that UT has loss back-to-back (was leading in NCAA and pros).

Good game image >>

That will happen when you schedule 11 out of 12 cupcakes that a JV high school team could beat. 3 losses in a year, for a supposedly top tier college program? good one.

USC looses their entire starting offense and they are primed for a national title run...shows you the vast difference between one hit wonder UT was.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

USC looses their entire starting offense

Yeah, that offense was starting to look way too tight! image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see the Longhorns fall again - still a little bitter about last year's BCS Championship - but I don't know if I'd go so far as to call them pathetic. McCoy's injury against K-State likely changed the course of their season. Besides there's probably 110 or more Division 1-A teams that would take Texas' run over the last two years over their own performance during that span.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

Thank you for not doing the horns down.

That's the respect we show for each other.

Again, good game image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pathetic

This is a team that was supposed to contend for a title this year, but goes out and loses THREE games?

hah. Pathetic. >>

Should have been 4. Nebraska handed them a win in Lincoln.
  • Options
    3 losses following a national title win? I wonder when this happened last...and I wonder if they'll ever compete for a national title again?!?

hmmm
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I wonder if they'll ever compete for a national title again

Will the Sucs even make the playoffs again in this decade?? Hmmmm.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    All I know is stown is okay in my books, I try not to call them tu, t-sips or show pics of thrown down horns. I was there when bonfire collapsed and I remember many UT students and staff comming to pray and help in the search and recovery. I may hate them on game day but am glad to share a beer with any Longhorn any day(after the game endsimage )!! It is just a rivalry which makes it so much fun.

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>3 losses following a national title win? I wonder when this happened last...and I wonder if they'll ever compete for a national title again?!?

hmmm >>

LSU in '04, I think.

Texas will not have the kind of freefall that Miami or Florida State have had, if that's what you're suggesting. They might not win another title anytime soon, but I'd imagine they'll be very competitive for at least the rest of this decade.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Texas may replace Michigan as the team with the most talent that chokes at crunch time. They haven't had any serious in state competition for all the blue chip players in how many years? They've had how many top recruiting classes in the past 5 years? They play in a weak conference and I couldn't believe that game yesterday, I watched the entire game waiting on tires and brakes to be done. What stood out to me was their insistance on throwing the ball when they were picking up chunks of yardage running. They were manhandling the d-line and backers. If McCoy was that injured why didn't they shorten the routes and pound the ball. If I were a UT fan I'd say the coaches blew it big time. That's a game they had in their pocket if they had manned up.
  • Options
    IrishMike,

Uh, UT won the Championship last year, remember?

McCoy has been hurt since K-State and it was obvious that he was still in pain all game against A&M. Don't know if you have ever had a pinched nerve in your neck but that's a lingering injury that doesn't go away. It's like a tweak in your back. Every motion you make, you are reminded that it's there. He probably shouldn't have played yesterday but that kid is one tough cookie. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

While the Big 12 may have not been as strong as it has in years past, you can't say it's a weak conference. 5 of the last 11 National champions have come from the Big 12 image
  • Options
    Lothar52Lothar52 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭
    Its all about leadership...football..if you played it...is a game of momentum. When someone, especially a leader steps up and makes a play like that 4th down stop...the LB Dodge...a army vet who was at the pentagon during 9/11, everyone else plays harder...when everyone plays harder they start to believe..the power of the mind is all ya need. If you BELIEVE you will win...you just might. If you believe your going to lose...you definitely WILL. Texas A&M made that stop and then drove the field..they took the game over right there. Was TEXAS a FAKE?? I dont think so..they beat OU on the road..and are a heck of a good team. The injury to McCoy most definitely let them lose to Kansas State..and it may have played a part in this game as well..whenever you lose your best offensive player you are not the same. I assure you that he was healthy against OSU and guess what..they were about to SCORE when Laurinitis caused a fumble and turned the tide!! He then intercepted him at the start of the 2nd half after a last second touchdown to continue the roll to a buckeye win.

MOMENTUM
    MOMENTUM
    MOMENTUM

ITS 99.9% momentum. Greats are the QB's who can change momentum.....Montana, Elway and the DRive. Otherwise most people fall victim to momentum. Who had momentum? TEXAS A&M...and they EARNED IT....Dodge his that guy so hard i came out of my chair!!! What a play..set the tone for the rest of the game.

You can say what ya want...but this all here is the TRUTH.

Loth
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IrishMike,

Uh, UT won the Championship last year, remember?

McCoy has been hurt since K-State and it was obvious that he was still in pain all game against A&M. Don't know if you have ever had a pinched nerve in your neck but that's a lingering injury that doesn't go away. It's like a tweak in your back. Every motion you make, you are reminded that it's there. He probably shouldn't have played yesterday but that kid is one tough cookie. Can't wait to see what he does next year.

While the Big 12 may have not been as strong as it has in years past, you can't say it's a weak conference. 5 of the last 11 National champions have come from the Big 12 image >>

I was referring to this year, 2 games they should not have lost. Come on A&M and K-State, with all of that talent.
  • Options

<< <i>I was referring to this year, 2 games they should not have lost. Come on A&M and K-State, with all of that talent. >>

Again, McCoy was injured both of the games. On Texas' first scoring drive against K-State, which put them up 7-0, McCoy dove in for the TD and injured his shoulder. He left the game and didn't play again. K-State has played us tough and we needed a miracle comeback to win last year.

A&M is a rivalry game and either team can win any year. A&M is a respectable 8-3 and finally appears to be turning the corner with Coach Fran.

While we have a lot of talent, we lost a lot too. McCoy may be a stud be he ain't no VY image
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>While the Big 12 may have not been as strong as it has in years past, you can't say it's a weak conference. 5 of the last 11 National champions have come from the Big 12 image >>

Overall, Big 12 is pretty tough. 4 teams with 9 or more wins, and 9 of the 12 teams will go to bowls. Even perennial doormat Kansas is 6-5. The problem is when you have too many good teams in one conference, they beat each other up.
  • Options
    UT captured lightning in a bottle last year with vince young, and got hot at the right time. They consistently play an schedule full of cupcakes and they still lose 3 games this year.

Don't count on them contending for a national title again anytime soon.
  • Options
    Yeah, the Big 12 is full of cupcakes image
  • Options
    stownie-

if you're such a die hard astros, texans, and/or UT fan, why don't you ever fly their colors as your avatar?

Chickenchit? Hmm I think so.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did it cost the program millions? The Big 12 will still get a BCS bid and the conference shares the money (even if it was Texas in the game). This is why Notre Dame is still an independent in football. They have no one to share with.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053