Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Suspicious EBay Seller

Check out "fatboi8307" on eBay. All his auctions are stolen scans from someone else's recent auctions.

Also check out these other interesting eBat ID's.

fatboi8307 (0) - NY
fatboi007 (2) - Australia - NARU
fatboi300 (0) - GA
fatboi327 (0) - TN
fatboy807 (13) - PA - NARU
fatboy8317 (o) - Italy

Coincidence? I've reported five of his auctions as having stolen scans. eBay shut down three of them, but hasn't shut down his ID. I wonder how many people he has to screw before eBay takes action?

Comments

• ebay is horrible when it comes to taking action against scammers/ rule breakers - there is this one guy i reported several times for intentially outbidding the high bidder to see his proxy bid max and then he retracts and push the auction up to just under the high bidders max - at first i thought it was a company shilling there own auctions but this guy has done it to several users ( myself included ) and just keeps getting away with it

ebay rules specifically state this si a violation of policy but yet this guy has had nothing done to him about it ( sorry for going OT with ur thread just felt like venting a little image )
    collecting:
    1990 leaf in (10)
    1986 topps mets (10)
    2008 ring kings cut signatures
    any Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Keith Hernandez cards in (10)
  • EBAY / Paypal only care about the fees generated and not the buyer.

I would love to see Joe and the PSA crew develop an auction site for graded cards!!!!image
    Bill
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Are you listening, Joe?
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>EBAY / Paypal only care about the fees generated and not the buyer.

I would love to see Joe and the PSA crew develop an auction site for graded cards!!!!image
    Bill >>

I agree!
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>EBAY / Paypal only care about the fees generated and not the buyer.

Bill >>

I agree! >>

New auctions sites never work. Ebay only works because enough people bid so it causes enough people to sell which causes more bidders. It's a chicken and egg thing. No seller in their right mind is going to auction a high grade Mantle with no reserve with limited bidders. So, with no good auctions, the few bidders left will eventually go back to ebay.

Years back, I used to use Yahoo auctions a lot because they were totally free. I basically started the card at what I wanted for it and if it got a bid great, a couple bids even better. But even as big as Yahoo is, I still wouldn't start a $500 card at 99 cents.