Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

NEWPs 11/23

Upgrade for the Vickie type set.

Here is something I don't collect and didn't really need but I thought it was cool and scooped it up anyway.

I figured I could always flip it to the Weekly Swap later.

I wonder if Popcoin has one for the bear-themed set? Probably.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options

image Nice addition to the Vicky Set for the princess, and I like the Greenland as well, I may add one just to have one of the country. image
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Nice! I like Vicky image - Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also grabbed another UNC 1901 Brit penny, though I doubt it will upgrade the one Don gave us (not quite as red). Still, I figured I would buy it, because... well... just because.

Speaking of pretty 1901 HK 1c pieces, there is an NGC MS63 RB listed by a seller in Hong Kong right now with a little less than a day left on it ($61.00 as of this post). I'll probably just stick with the new raw one, which cost me $55 total. It upgrades an AU coin (which is nearly RB), that I was lucky enough to pick up on the cheap in a small lot.

Oh, I dunno. I might give the NGC a bid at snipertime if one of you doesn't go for it. But at the current price I would probably not fight for it long- maybe just a few dollars more.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I thought I was the only one who liked those Greenland coins. Last year, for no particular reason, I put together the 1926 type set (25o, 50o & 1k). They grade 65-66-67 and I really like the look of them. Destined for a multi-holder one day. Enjoy!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else, it'll give me a future bargaining chip with some OFEC collector. image

• Options
    Lord,

Thanks so much for thinking of me when you grabbed that very nice Greenland piece.

I currently have a 25 Ore which has the same design and a 1960 1 krone.

I have often thought of putting together a complete set of the Greenland bear coins which
    would include the 1926's, 1957, 1960, 1964, the 1922 tokens and the 1993 25 ECU.
    Then there is the 1987 5 oz. piece. image

I would want to do a matched graded set in probably MS64's (NGC or PCGS).

This would be very difficult (don't see too many graded) and rather expensive.image

That is why I only think about itimage

However, Thanks again for thinking of me.

Larry
  • Options
    The Greenland 50 Ore is coming to me.image

Rob is the most smooth talking gentlemen you will ever come across!!!image

Thanks Rob,
    Larry