Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

FOUND: 2005-P PCGS MS67RD LINCOLN CENT (BUSINESS STRIKE ONLY) - ***FOUND***

updated again...

Toby

Comments

• DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toby, PM Clackamas and see if he has one.
    Doug
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a grouping of coins, received by PCGS on 10-24. Among the coins for "cross-at-any-grade" was a business strike 2005-P in NGC MS69. The coin appeared flawless so it'll be interesting to see how PCGS crosses it.

If, (in a perfect world) the coin comes back MS69 or even MS68 rather than MS67, could you still use it?

peacockcoins

• << <i>I submitted a grouping of coins, received by PCGS on 10-24. Among the coins for "cross-at-any-grade" was a business strike 2005-P in NGC MS69. The coin appeared flawless so it'll be interesting to see how PCGS crosses it.

braddick,
    I submitted an NGC business strike 2005 MS69 too. It was also a "cross at any grade" submission. I was
    very disappointed with the grade. image It came back as DNC, Satin Finish. image

RegistryNut image
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

peacockcoins

• thanks for your responses. Braddick and RN, a while back, a hoard of 2005-P and 2005-D lincolns went to NGC and were graded MS69RD(they were all over eBay)...without the SF designation. I bought a set only to discover that they were indeed SF coins. Thankfully, the seller took them back and refunded my money in full image

I did check with Clackamas and he does not have one. He's got a 05-D in 67RD up on eBay, but not an 05-P.

I believe I have located a board member that is willing to sell me a 05-P in 67RD...but I am waiting to hear back from him on pricing, etc. Until then, please PM me with any offers. If I am able to purchase this coin that I am speaking about, I will update this post.
  • Thanks for everyone's help and comments. I have located the coin that I am looking for!

If anyone is looking for the same coin, PM me. I may have located another one as well.

Regards,

Toby
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it. Tough Coin is it not? Makes Satin hunting rather boring in any grade.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Glad to hear it. Tough Coin is it not? Makes Satin hunting rather boring in any grade.

You got that right. Very tough to come by. I went thru almost 50 rolls and the best I ever made was a 66RD. I can't take credit for "making" any of these BS coins...just one of the SF coins. image

Here are a couple of my 06's that I just got back from PCGS...I threw in the SF coins afterwards for comparison sakes. The SF coins are 69RD and the BS coins are 67RD. If anyone has tried to photograph recent memorials...they are a b*tch to photograph! Next time I sent in some coins for TV, I will probably send in both of my 2005 business strikes...