Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1965 SET BREAK UP-DUKE OF MINT

Thought I would provide a progress report on the breakup of my 65 set.Have not offered any 10's for sale yet but did sell the MAYS PSA 10 unsolicted through MEMORY LANE.Most of the PSA 9 POP 5's and below are gone.Just listed the 10 BROCK,CARLTON and BANKS on e-bay and also the few 8's I had.Overall the set is about 50 percent sold.LOTS of WORK involved and lots of time required.However,I am convinced it is the only way of coming close to getting one's investment back!!!Selling the set as a whole through an auction house would be real risky as far as recovering the money invested.Check out the 10 scans on the ones listed-true collectors will enjoy the experience especially the Carlton-if I do not get my price-I might just keep it as it is the finest 65 card I have ever seen in the 10 plus years I spent in putting the set together-will dribble more 10's on to e-bay between now and XMAS.E-mail me if I can answer any questions on 65's in general or as it relates to my set.Memory Lane has the PSA 9 Gabrielson in its current auction-its a one of one.I just sold my PSA 8 for 500 so I cannot imagine what the 9 will go for.I am sure RUM or alias JETER will probably win it.I believe the card and #109 BONDS are the hardest cards to find in 8 or 9 for 65.THere are two 109's and it went to RUM for 1500-I believe when it was a 1 of 1.In summary it has been a great run and lots of fun.I had the privilege of associating with many true collectors and any money I spent gave me many hours of fun!!!
Carl

Comments

• Duke

Was wondering if you still have these cards in 9
    49 Blefary
    166 Agee
    561 Lefebvre

Email me if you still have them and they are for sale at djj99@aol.com

Thanks

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Carl,

Congratulations on selling the Carlton... what a sale and what a purchase.

Dave C.
  • jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    The Carlton is a real sharp card. Did you submit that card raw?
  • No I did not-The Banks currently listed is as good if not better!
    Carl