Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Certified World Gold

Who can provide me with some websites of dealers that have excellent prices on certified gold world coins?

Thanks in advance,
Terry

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collector coins? Bullion? Modern gold coin? Not sure which you want. NEN has a nice selection, so does Steinberg's.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Steinbergs

Vcoins

CoinVault

Civitas

That should get you started. There are not that many certified pieces - most are still raw. I assume you check eBay.
  • Options
    BTW, the recommended "Coin Vault" is absolutely, positively, 200% certainly NOT the TV blue suede shoe guys. Clark Smith is a top-notch dealer from whom I've obtained about half of my Japanese gold.
    Roy

• Options
    Thanks to all, a very good start.

I have been out of this for some time, but time to get back to it!
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I don't have a "large" selection but have a couple dozen or so world gold coins. I also have about a dozen or so from eliasberg that one of these days will get to putting them up for sale/

• Options

It appears to me that the world is in the process of some wealth shifting. Things are still pretty much out of whack as can be seen by the study below, but China, India, the middle east, Russia, etc. are on the rise and there should be lots of new world collectors on the way. I know world coins have move up in price the last few years, but nothing like U.S.
    Personally I will be nibbling away in this area all next year.
    Terry

"Yawning gap remains between assets of rich and poor — report

LONDON: The richest 2 percent of adults still own more than half of the world's household wealth, perpetuating a yawning global gap between rich and poor, according to research published Tuesday.

The report from the Helsinki-based World Institute for Development Economics Research shows that in 2000 the richest 1 percent of adults — most of whom live in Europe or the United States — owned 40 percent of global assets.
    The richest 10 percent of adults accounted for 85 percent of assets, according to the report from the institute, which is part of the United Nations University.

By contrast, the bottom 50 percent of the world's adult population owned barely 1 percent of the world's wealth.
    "Income inequality has been rising for the past 20-25 years and we think that is true for inequality in the distribution of wealth," said James Davies, a professor of economics at the University of Western Ontario, one of the report's authors.
    "There is a whole group of problems in developing countries that make it difficult for people to build up assets, which are important, since life is so precarious."

The gulf between rich and poor nations has long concerned politicians and economists, who say it is one of the biggest obstacles to development.

But Davies said there are some hopeful signs: China and India, which are developing rapidly, are gaining wealth and in countries like Bangladesh, the spread of micro-credit institutions is helping people to increase their personal wealth, he said.
    In other countries, land registration programs allow the poor to own land for the first time, he said.

According to the report, individual assets of US$2,200 placed an adult in the top half of the world's wealth distribution in 2000.

Those in the richest 10 percent of adults had assets of US$61,000 or more while those in the top 1 percent — who now number 37 million — had at least US$500,000.
    Researchers defined wealth as the value of physical and financial assets minus debts."