Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1933 Goudey patent pairs PSA

Listed 4 sets of 1933 Goudey patent pairs on eBay.
This includes the actual card submitted to the Library
of Congress along w/ the large registration card w/ matching date & #.
Both piece slabbed by PSA as authentic.
A great companion piece for Goudey collectors as well
as any card collectors.
Four different players are on eBay
and I have 4 other players (not listed)as well.
These are for sale too!

Here is my eBay auctions link.
My eBay auctions link

Comments

• Options
    you have some very unique items up for auction.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    CRAVETOPPS - Thanks!
    I always like a variety in what I collect
    same with what I sell image ...jay
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    those are amazing, and truly one of a kind. I found a '34 patent card at the National, but not the corresponding actual card with the stamp on the back. To have both together is truly unique. Best of luck with them.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GRIFF - Indeed!
    I hate to get rid of any.
    One was purchase via a Buy It Now, 1 other lot gas been opened.
    The other two have plenty of hits & watchers.
    And 1 of the other 4 on my site has an interested party.
    I've had trade offers as well, but would rather have the patent pairs then
    misc cards which I can pickup wjen and if I need to.
    I have an offer that will buy all the ones that aren't bid on or
    bought, so come Tuesday night all will be gone.
    I might keep 1 for myself for the history aspect & the collectibilty as
    this is a great companion piece to a historic set...jay
  • Options
    Jay- do you know any more about these? Are there patent pairs for every issue? I suspect at this point everything is done electronically, but going back 15 years it was probably done the same way as it was in '33. I know one auction house had a run of '33 Sport Kings, and the '34 patent cards (but not the actual cards) were available at the National, but that is all I've seen in going back thru auction catalogs. Anyone know?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GRIFF - I imagine in the day, all companies had to have their images copyrighted and submitted
    to the Library of Congress. But the only items like these that appear from time to time are from
    Goudey. So perhaps the other companies kept them and destroyed them soon after publication
    but someone saved all from Goudey and soon after when cards became more of a collectible
    then a childs toy or game they were released and now are rare collectibles & companion pieces...jay
  • Options
    Maybe. I know Goudey's files were sold off about 1969- including uncut sheets of '33's, and all the contracts, etc.
    From what I understand a collector worked for years finding the stamped cards that were sent into the copyright office and matched them with the copyright cards. A huge undertaking, and he put together about half the set before consigning them to REA this spring.
    Cool stuff.