Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canada $2 First Day Issue

I am still looking for a Canada new design $2 coin.

I can get this one for $26.45 delivered.

Canada 10th Anniv. $2 First Day Issue

What is everyones opinions on First Day Issues.
Are they worth the extra bucks??
Are they nicer coins??

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Comments

• Options

<< <i>What is everyones opinions on First Day Issues. >>

Larry,

I've always been a big fan of FDC. I don't think they're necessarily of a higher quality, though. They're not proof-like. They certainly look nicer than a circulation coin, and probably nicer than an uncirculated coin from a roll, but nothing more. I like the numbered FDC that the Mint has issued recently (this one and the Medal of Bravery, with a 5000 limit).

Now, you might think I totally biased (after all, I'm the seller of that one), and I might be image, but I was collecting the FDC before selling them.

Personally, I also like to display them. That's why I include an easel with these. Some people think it's a weird idea, but I think it's nice to have a way to display the coins we buy instead of keeping them in a drawer.

Patrice Mallette
    Beautiful Coins
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Twonie, and the new design, although I hope future redesigns will include the cubs as well. I'm still filling up my & my kids' Whitman & similar Uni-Safe (Canadian) blue folders vs going the FDC route, however, so I'm going searching for some nice examples out of circulation, if possible.image