Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

FINALLY!!! YES!!!59er

Finally the pressure is off as I finally came up with the final card to my 59 Topps master set.It was a great journey even though the sets condition can be improved quite a bit however I am very happy with it as a majority of the cards came from my raw set.I do plan on upgrading any card that did not achieve at least a 6 and a few of my Star cards that did not achieve a 7 then I will retire it no matter where it stands.This set "Childhood Memories" was truly that.During the years I have gone through many 59 Topps probably enough to build 2 or 3 full raw sets until I was satisfied.
I want to thank the folks on the 59 Topps thread who helped me achieve my goal and encouraged me.

Thanks again 59er Tony.

See attachment of last card.

#10 On Set Registery.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
    What next (besides the upgrades of this one)?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Awsome set, great JOB
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"
    (If you want peace, prepare for War).........Semper Fi
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Always an accomplishment to complete a set of such size and significance - CONGRATS!!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    image Wow congrats! I would like to hit 100% on something graded!
  • Options
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine work! image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    A hearty congratulations!!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Good Deal!!!

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Way to go!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see you break that finish line tape image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats!
    What next (besides the upgrades of this one)? >>

I would still like to pick up the rest of the grey or white back versions for #s 199 to 286 that I still lack however that may wait for a while.I would like to start tinkering around with 75 minis and 84 Donruss more afforadable at this point but who knows as it seems I keep just jumping back to that 59 set and doing something with it.Time and money will tell.

Thanks to all of you great folks!!!

Tony
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great job
    good luck upgrading
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Congrats....especially on the Hanebrink No Trade- did you resubmit the one you had? A 6 on that one is fantastic!!!
  • Options
    Awsome! image
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats....especially on the Hanebrink No Trade- did you resubmit the one you had? A 6 on that one is fantastic!!! >>

Actually I did resubmit as you suggested however it still did not pass.A few weeks ago I found a raw one exmt list at BIN for $40 with an opening of $20 so I gambled and BIN knowing that there have only been a scarce few ever listed of this card.It all worked out great as you can see.With that being said I would never consider selling that card in PSA 6 for even double that amount.
    To this day I still do not know or see any significant evidence of being a miscut non holdered on my original Hanebrink and the card is much nicer than the graded one,"but hey they are the experts not me"I still may resubmit again at a future date.